Need Adjustment at Halftime

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Can I submit an application for DC? I have the ability to recognize a play after the 5th straight time and say "maybe we should cover that". I'll even do it for $500,000 which is a steal compared to what we have.

Jmonty71

Banned
Roof is an idiot. That's why CMR owns him. I seriously hope that over paid moron gets fired. Or just disappears. I really could care less. Waste of 750k a year.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
was this loss on the D? or O? I can't tell. but it felt just like the Ut game...another in a series of baffling losses dating back decades.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just like the UT game, people will complain and blame the defense because the offense couldn't put the game away when it had multiple chances.
It was pouring rain. The D went soft and allowed dink and dunk play after play. And I don't blame that on the players.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We just seem to be missing some big play guys on defense. Absolutely no pressure on the qb and we knew he was going to pass on that last drive. We need someone to make a play when we need it. Don't have it this year. Good D but no big time stops.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Same old bend and break, leaky Roof.
Is this your first year of watching college football, or do you just not know what you are watching?

It takes more energy to play D than to play O. Most college teams will get tired and give up more points in the 4th quarter than in prior quarters against a good team. This isn't a coaching issue, it's a depth issue. But we aren't alone.

The D held Miami to 13 points through 3 quarters. Pretty damn good.

The question is: Why didn't the O score more than 3 points in the second half? That's where the finger should be pointed. You could look at Miami's D and tell they were tired, but we could not score. Why not?

A bunch of clueless people on this board blame Ted Roof when Paul Johnson farts.