Need Adjustment at Halftime

Jmonty71

Banned
Is this your first year of watching college football, or do you just not know what you are watching?

It takes more energy to play D than to play O. Most college teams will get tired and give up more points in the 4th quarter than in prior quarters against a good team. This isn't a coaching issue, it's a depth issue. But we aren't alone.

The D held Miami to 13 points through 3 quarters. Pretty damn good.

The question is: Why didn't the O score more than 3 points in the second half? That's where the finger should be pointed. You could look at Miami's D and tell they were tired, but we could not score. Why not?

A bunch of clueless people on this board blame Ted Roof when Paul Johnson farts.
Roof isn't God. Sorry. He plays soft and not to lose. You see that on the field. I played football. I know the game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I can't believe we allowed that wide screen so many times . Take it away. Make them pass over the middle to keep clock moving. That was just too easy.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami has a great front 7 and we got hit with injuries. They will likely be top 6-8 next rankings and are a great team. I would be ok with this 1 pt loss if we did our best. But we didn't. Our SAs did what they could but the guy calling the D is something else. Can't coach LBs, can't call a game, all he is is slicked back hair that can convince kids to play for him and convince his alma mater to cut big checks for him. I can't wait until he walks away with his millions of dollars. Criminal negligence on his part to let some of those drives happen.

Jmonty71

Banned
Bulls**t, I know you hate Roof but that was nothing but bad luck. Stewart should have caught his pass, Langham shouldn't have.
No. Playing 10 yards off the slot WR and allowing the same play 7 times is bad coaching. Plain and simple. Yes, we had some bad luck. Most of it due to bad coaching. We make our own bad luck, most of the time.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
No. Playing 10 yards off the slot WR and allowing the same play 7 times is bad coaching. Plain and simple. Yes, we had some bad luck. Most of it due to bad coaching. We make our own bad luck, most of the time.

WTF does that have to do with the one play I was talking about. You ***** about coaching and when I call you on that then you deflect to something else. Bottom line this was a complete TEAM loss and you'll run it in the ground over and over and over and over that is ALL falls on Roof. Get over yourself. When you write the check then you do whatever the hell you want to. I am by not means a worshiper of Roof but for Gods sake give a effing rest.

Jmonty71

Banned
WTF does that have to do with the one play I was talking about. You ***** about coaching and when I call you on that then you deflect to something else. Bottom line this was a complete TEAM loss and you'll run it in the ground over and over and over and over that is ALL falls on Roof. Get over yourself. When you write the check then you do whatever the hell you want to. I am by not means a worshiper of Roof but for Gods sake give a effing rest.
Not saying it was all Roof. But, 2 times now the D lost a game in the last minutes. Yes, if Stewart would had made the catch, we win. If the ball would have bounced different on the 4th and 10, we win. I'm saying our soft defensive play is the issue. We allowed Miami back in the game, by soft coverage. The O needs to be practically perfect to win big games. Relying on our D has failed 2 out of 2 times. Luck or not.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Not saying it was all Roof. But, 2 times now the D lost a game in the last minutes. Yes, if Stewart would had made the catch, we win. If the ball would have bounced different on the 4th and 10, we win. I'm saying our soft defensive play is the issue. We allowed Miami back in the game, by soft coverage. The O needs to be practically perfect to win big games. Relying on our D has failed 2 out of 2 times. Luck or not.

I think all Tech fans are quite aware of this. We also allowed Miami back in the game by completely crapping the bed on O the entire 2nd half including punt, punt, punt on the last 3 possessions. It was a TEAM loss.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think all Tech fans are quite aware of this. We also allowed Miami back in the game by completely crapping the bed on O the entire 2nd half including punt, punt, punt on the last 3 possessions. It was a TEAM loss.

Oh my God, finally someone that uses logic. I'm sick of people pinning this on Roof. This was a team loss. We need to shake this off and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
lets face it we are a 6 and 5 football team maybe go to a bowl offense got its *** handed to them special teams were ok and defense is what it is Roof plays it safe not my cup of tea and over the years our defensive play and calls have cost us more than anything so what do we do ...you ask the new AD how bad he wants win or if we are what we don’t want to hear we are a good 7 to 9 win football team most years with a breakout year every once and a while ????i would like to be better but the AD has to have the plan

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Miami was the better team today and it showed up in crunch time. We were lucky to be leading up to the end. The rain did not affect Miami's run game. Langham, a backup, outperformed our starting WR. Their OC was smarter than our DC. Same old, same old. As a lifelong Tech fan, I am used to being disappointed.

Miami was the better team today and it showed up in crunch time. We were lucky to be leading up to the end. The rain did not affect Miami's run game. Langham, a backup, outperformed our starting WR. Their OC was smarter than our DC. Same old, same old. As a lifelong Tech fan, I am used to being disappointed.
So you're ok with their DC out coaching our OC?