ND/MBS Tickets

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know what Notre Dame’s ticket allocation is for this game?

I did a deep dive into the inconsistencies for the designation of games at MBS as either Home, Away, or Neutral. There are several reasons it matters.
  1. The GTAA may mischaracterize true neutral games as home games to pump up ticket sales. I don’t have a problem selling more tickets, but if they are deceitful about it, it’s unethical, if not illegal. Fan complaints about “Giving away home games” have some merit in these cases.
  2. Designation as a neutral site game could induce more opposing fans to buy tickets, even if the seat allocations are unequal.
  3. True neutral game status could explain some of the gripes about seating locations for STH’s.
To summarize what I found about this – it’s “consistently inconsistent” depending on the source of the information.
  • GTAA refers to all games at MBS as Home games.
  • MBS’ web site refers to all as Home games for GT.
  • All games at MBS are considered Neutral site by ESPN.
  • Sponsored season kickoff games appear to be true neutral games based on field markings and some opponent schedules pages, but not all. Louisville called it Neutral in 2023, but Clemson says it was an Away game in 2022. I don’t recall the ticket allocations for these.
  • In the last mid-season game at MBS (2021 UNC), the field was clearly marked like a home game for us.
  • For our upcoming game at MBS, Notre Dame lists it as a Neutral site game, but Seat Geek lists it as an Away game for Notre Dame.
In my opinion, true home games should treat STH’s better than is being reported. If it’s a true neutral game, let’s call it that.
Playing there was negotiated between MBS and GTAA, so those are the sources I would trust.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I called yesterday. They said parking codes for STHs will be sent later this week or next week.

They really are dropping the ball this year.

Reminder, there is no Home Depot Backyard parking this year. GT took it over for their "paid" tailgate.