ND/MBS Tickets

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else get the email yesterday trying to upsell the club seats for the Notre Dame game at Mercedes Benz? I've been in that section for every game at MBS, but checked my tickets yesterday and they are not in that section. I'm not a huge donor, but I am in the top 900 in AT points, but this seems pretty ridiculous. Unless I missed it in the season ticket renewal, are you telling me that they want me to pay more for the seats that I've gotten the past several years? Also, my season tickets are just about on the 50 at Bobby Dodd and I'm more like the 10 at MBS. Great way to treat your customers, but not surprised.

I emailed the guy on the email from Tech about the tickets yesterday. If I don't hear back, I may reach out to J Batt. This is pretty ridiculous in my mind. You're trying to increase your fan base and then you want to upsell the tickets to your best customers that they usually get? And isn't this supposed to be a home game for us? They also didn't put my tickets and my dad's tickets together, like they finally started doing last year. We're together at Bobby Dodd, but several rows away at MBS.

Typical Tech doing Tech things unfortunately :(:mad:
I am in the club section at Bobby Dood and am in the non-VIP club section at MBS. When I got that email I inquired about trading my four non-VIP club seats for two VIP club seats and I was told "No." When I asked about just upgrading two tickets, they told me I still had to pay the full upgrade price as if I did not have already have club seats. The whole interaction has been unpleasant.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
First, there are few football stadiums that have sightlines and proximity to the action like BDS. Close is Mc Neese university stadium in Lake Charles. It has steep steps and the stadium is built 100 around the field which is sunken about 20 feet below ground. At the less attened games you can hesr the groans and contact. When full of crazed cajons, you feel like your are at a gladiatorial contasts.

Second , the benz like all new stadiums has gentle slope in lower level which is so shallow you can't tell details whats happening. They make up for it with hd giant tv. You can see a play and then watch the replay for the detail.
We stat in endzone for Tennessee and had freat view of the gt spread option. At unc and at UL we were in the diagonal next to 10 yd line. All three games were great and the crowd involvement was special. This year we got booted further on diagonal so when offered I upgraded w no food vip seats on the 40 yd line. The season ticket seats for gt games seem cheap compared to pro or a special game like uga vs ala.

I hope that gt can reward loyal season ticket fans who never resell seats but always re-gift them back when not attending. Those that let uga fans weraring red into bds are unique lovers of gt football.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I am in the club section at Bobby Dood and am in the non-VIP club section at MBS. When I got that email I inquired about trading my four non-VIP club seats for two VIP club seats and I was told "No." When I asked about just upgrading two tickets, they told me I still had to pay the full upgrade price as if I did not have already have club seats. The whole interaction has been unpleasant.
There's a reason they stopped sending out those surveys after the home games. Outside of the music deal, the whole gameday experience has taken a severe turn for the worse. Batt has apparently been spending his time generating much needed cash. Next up he needs to fix football operations.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
You’re a bigger fish than me from an AT points perspective, and it sucks you had this experience; I’ve experienced about the same for the other GT MBS games as well.

My experience is that CL & Sect 105/106/107 ticket holders get relegated to relatively poor seats at MBS. And the good MBS tickets are sold on third party markets such as StubHub where they’re often bought by the away team’s fans looking for tickets. And usually are cheaper than the season ticket price (but that’s a different vent…)

I get that like the music, the MBS ‘experience’ isn’t totally for the fans but still don’t enjoy getting shafted either. I’ll renew my season tickets again once we start playing meaningful games - quality and quantity at BDS.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
There's a reason they stopped sending out those surveys after the home games. Outside of the music deal, the whole gameday experience has taken a severe turn for the worse. Batt has apparently been spending his time generating much needed cash. Next up he needs to fix football operations.
I’ve gotten a survey after each of the last two games. In the survey after the first game, I complained about the music and the length of the lines at the entry points, and evidently multiple people did because both seemed to be better for the second game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You’re a bigger fish than me from an AT points perspective, and it sucks you had this experience; I’ve experienced about the same for the other GT MBS games as well.

My experience is that CL & Sect 105/106/107 ticket holders get relegated to relatively poor seats at MBS. And the good MBS tickets are sold on third party markets such as StubHub where they’re often bought by the away team’s fans looking for tickets. And usually are cheaper than the season ticket price (but that’s a different vent…)

I get that like the music, the MBS ‘experience’ isn’t totally for the fans but still don’t enjoy getting shafted either. I’ll renew my season tickets again once we start playing meaningful games - quality and quantity at BDS.
I am on different track because i lived in Texas and now I am old - i dont want to wait.

I object to them not offering the better seats up front to good donors - sure i would pay but at least treat me like a good donor.

I hope we win big and seats are way more expensive. What a horrible problem.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm in 107 at BDS and at Mercedes Benz I'm in the lower level right next to the club section. Seems reasonable.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I’ve gotten a survey after each of the last two games. In the survey after the first game, I complained about the music and the length of the lines at the entry points, and evidently multiple people did because both seemed to be better for the second game.
Very odd. I used to get surveys, this year nothing