ND @ GT

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did we really sac bunt in the bottom of the 10th? Jesus I wish Danny Hall would get over his obsession with the damn bunt.

Boooooo. I may be biased because I'm a Yankee fan and I think our regular uniforms are absolutely atrocious but I really liked the pinstripe look we threw out there yesterday. The batting helmets didn't quite jive but that's probably asking a little too much.

No ones perfect. :D My Dad and brother are Red Sox fans and my Mom and I are Orioles fans. Some things are just in your blood. Kind of like pork to a Muslim is Yankees to baseball.

Concerning the sac bunt, we leg out a single about half the time. I was thinking the same thing, but the sac bunt took away the DP. ND leads the ACC and turned like 3 or 4 yesterday.

At some point, I'll summarize the small ball chapter of the "The Book: Playing The Percentages in Baseball." Small ball can work, but you have to have the team for it IMHO. We have really good hitters, so I like swinging away. But the bunt wasn't a bad play IMHO given the chance of getting an in-field hit and avoiding the DP. In the game today, we had 4 in field hits in a row - I think the last two were successful sacs. Some like blonds and some like brunettes ......

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT chases the ND ace with 2 out in the third. He came in with a 0.61 ERA after 14.2 IP. We scored two so far with Kel on third and two outs. Nice warm day for some hot bats.

I was going to complain that we only had 2 runs after 2 and 6 hits; but ND has 4 hits and no runs. I'll take that!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I worry about who comes in from the bullpen. Gold has been fabulous !!! But they will have to pull him soon because of pitch count. Unless they pitch someone two days in a row, it means Gorst, Shelton, Schneiderjans....I sure hope we can build more of a cushion than 4-0 before we have to go to the pen.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After 7 for ND, Gold has 92 pitches and 62 strikes. (67%)

I think Hall stays with Gold till he has problems. He was in complete command in the 7th - SO, line out, ground out. But it'll depend on how he feels too. There are a lot of games and Gold is a weekend starter till he loses it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Gold at 103 pitches still leading 4-0 after the top of the 8th.

Does Danny let him pitch the 9th for a shutout?

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Gold has been stellar today, no walks by him! Gorst on the mound now. And he walks the first guy he faces.. lol

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
and Gorst promptly walks his first and only batter faced...now Stanton (whom I had forgotten about)

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Stanton walks Bull. 2 on 1 out. A wild pitch moves the runners. Two in scoring position now.

1 run comes in on a ground out. Just 1 out to go! runner on 3rd