ND @ GT

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Should be an exciting series. The Irish are riding nine game winning streak and are tied (UVa, F$U and Duke) for the most wins in the ACC through three weeks of play.

Pitching match-ups will be interesting to watch:

G1 RHP Scott Kerrigan ( 1-1, 3.18 ERA) vs LHP King ( 2-0, 3.38 ERA )
G2 RHP Brandon Bielak ( 2-0, 3.45 ERA) vs RHP Pitts ( 0-0, 2.25 ERA )
G3 RHP Nick McCarty ( 2-0, 1.74 ERA ) vs RHP Gold ( 1-0, 1.26 ERA )

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Need our big bongers in the middle to get going this weekend. Read an article in d1baseball.com this week that showed that HR's are up 40% from last year (no surprise) but that strikeouts were also up 13%. That surprised me at first, but I guess the change in seams means a change in grip, maybe making for more movement. I also wonder if guys are swinging harder now subconsciously thinking HR when they are at the plate.

I hope we get 2 out of 3 against these guys. They are good, beating Oklahome 2 of 3 on the road ain't chopped liver!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Need our big bongers in the middle to get going this weekend. Read an article in d1baseball.com this week that showed that HR's are up 40% from last year (no surprise) but that strikeouts were also up 13%. That surprised me at first, but I guess the change in seams means a change in grip, maybe making for more movement. I also wonder if guys are swinging harder now subconsciously thinking HR when they are at the plate.

I hope we get 2 out of 3 against these guys. They are good, beating Oklahome 2 of 3 on the road ain't chopped liver!
Oops- just saw this after responding in other thread on ball change.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
B_cXZBDWQAEhMbw.jpg

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Has Tech ever worn pinstripes before? I can't remember seeing them since I've been a fan.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ChrisYandle: .@GTBaseball wearing pinstripes with GT on the chest. Beautiful.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Leaving the bases loaded in the first is killing us right now. We've haven't been able to put anything together since.