ND @ GT

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hate the Yankees. Burn the jinxed unis.

We played well but not well enough. Need to win this series. Good pitching and good fielding. But not good clutch hitting. Glad that ND wild pitched home our tying run or we would have lost in regulation.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
More from the stat line, 0 errors (the good), hit into 3 DPs (the bad). Looks like Tech couldn't get the big hit when needed. Keep pitching like they have the last 4 games the team will be just fine.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
King had one bad inning but earned the no-decision by going seven innings and allowing two runs on four hits and three walks while striking out five Notre Dame batters.

Hitting into double play's (4) hurt us but still we had our chances. Like Nuke said, that wild pitch saved us. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to take advantage to win in extra ( our second ) innings.

Let's tie it up today!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched most of the game on ESPN3 while polishing marble floors (a 30 hour job that is almost done).

First, good announcers on ESPN3 including Brian Gaudin and another good annoucer whose name I didn't catch. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/genrel/080513aab.html It'll be interesting to see if he is always our home ESPN3 announcer.

Second, our in-field is really good. Smith, Justus and Bailey made some really nice plays that took away hits. Our out field looked slower than last year, but that could be the temperature or wind preventing as good a read. FWIW, the ND outfield looked about the same. Justus hurt his ankle and hopefully will be able to play today - he played the rest of the game but sprains can tighten up over night.

Third, the ND in field took away some hits and the wind easily took away some home runs. I think we were swinging too hard (hind sight is 20/20 and even better the day after at a keyboard). I agree that we didn't wait a few pitches to let the ND starter walk us and get his pitch count up. He had control problems but we helped him out a lot - we love to chase high fast balls. Kel's HR was on the first pitch.

Fourth, King fought with his control and won. He walked three in the first three innings but then settled in. Give one to Hall, I would have pulled King in the second. The second inning started off with a walk which scored. King threw 96 pitches with 60 strikes - 63%. Gorst in relief was better - 46 pitches and 34 strikes or 74%. Each gave up a run for about every 50 pitches. That will win most games when we start getting the timely hits.

Fifth, Beesball always seems to make it hard. I expect the team will play well again today and just hope some more hits find holes for us. Overall, the team played much better against ND than Ohio. But ND is a better team than Ohio and just a bit better than we were last night.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Justus sac bunt...Innis to second. One out.

Did we really sac bunt in the bottom of the 10th? Jesus I wish Danny Hall would get over his obsession with the damn bunt.

I hate the Yankees. Burn the jinxed unis.

Boooooo. I may be biased because I'm a Yankee fan and I think our regular uniforms are absolutely atrocious but I really liked the pinstripe look we threw out there yesterday. The batting helmets didn't quite jive but that's probably asking a little too much.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Lead back up to 4 on a 2 RBI single by AJ. Tech also strands 3 to end the inning, and leads 6-2 after 5. Go Jackets!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
6-2 now, went out for a long run to mix things up...... Parr has me worried, comes in and walks one throwing 11 pitches (6 strikes) and two outs.

I see ND scored withthe help of a walk and SS error. Are we playing ok? We played well yesterday and I wish we could make type play that consistent ...... Innis just misjudges ball for a double.

Spignola gets hit in the head after misjudging the ball. Like he's never played on the field at this time of day. God we suck sometimes.

I'll check back in an hour since my karma ain't working.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Couldn't stay away, like AE says 7-3. Better yet, strike out throw out double play. Defense like that makes most pitchers better. Pabst threw out 9 now. And he knew the runner was going since the hit and run was on and the runner had tried the time before.

ND gets a double ..... that throw out is really big now ....