ND @ GT

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
And that's ballgame! Stanton strikes out Lidge to end it... Go Jackets! We took 2/3 from ND and led from start to finish @NavyNuke ;)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Great win. Feeling very good about our starters now...King, Pitts, and Gold. Would love to have some better, more reliable relief pitchers....(I know, I AM greedy). Hey, we were one play away from a sweep here, having lost in extra innings on Friday night.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win. Feeling very good about our starters now...King, Pitts, and Gold. Would love to have some better, more reliable relief pitchers....(I know, I AM greedy). Hey, we were one play away from a sweep here, having lost in extra innings on Friday night.
Gold came in as a highly touted recruit but not as a pitcher. Gorst (who played with Gold for the same school in Johns Creek) was supposed to be the really good pitcher/ace we took from that class. I wonder if Gold will convert to pitching only full-time.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Listening to Gold on WREK, good kid. Very natural talking to other students.

BIG BIG start to win series from a 10-1 team.

Gold 103 pitches, 75 walks - 73%. 60% is acceptable. Just throw strikes and let our D do it's thing.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Listening to Gold on WREK, good kid. Very natural talking to other students.

BIG BIG start to win series from a 10-1 team.

Gold 103 pitches, 75 walks - 73%. 60% is acceptable. Just throw strikes and let our D do it's thing.

Gold could make the difference in our season. King looks relatively sharp, and Pitts has been solid in his two starts (but looks like he may have trouble stretching it out to give us quality starter innings, as in 6 or 7 innings) But Gold has been a goldmine of a find for us. (OK, I just couldn't resist...sorry)

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Finally got to go to my first game today (i.e. it was finally warm enough for my liking ;)). The biggest thing I took away was that Kel is the real deal. The sound when he makes contact is the same sound you heard a few years ago when all the bats were juiced. He's going to be a high draft pick in a couple years for sure.