NCAA Tournament

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Took me a minute to find this food for thought

At least in that clip I could see the argument that the clap was directed at the player in white walking up to get the ball due to how delayed it was and that it didn't really seem like a celebration type of thing. I could see that being seen as taunting especially if there was any kind of prior chippiness and especially if a warning was already issues. Plus, the kid's reaction didn't exactly make it seem like he thought it was wrong. More like he knew he got caught trying to be slick. Anyways, more context for that one would be nice because it looks weak. I've worked the clock at highschool games the past several years and can tell you one of the consistent things I've seen is any kind of words or actions directed towards the other team very often results in techs. The coaches know it and even if they think it's unwaranted they know to expect it with anything directed towards the other team.

For the illinois dunk I don't even know the argument for the tech would be. Hanging on the rim doesn't make much sense as it's always allowed that the dunker can get back to a vertical position before dropping. There was no pull up, no demonstration, no extended hanging beyond just getting back to vertical.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Enjoying the Mich St - Duke game so far. Feels like one that should go down to the end.
I have Duke in my bracket but will not cry if Duke loses.
Mich St is one of the few teams i've seen that really matches up well against the Williams-Banchero combo size wise.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
No argument about that. He should go for it. I just don’t know how much of a role in the NBA there will be for him as his mobility is very limited. I would see a guy like Williams at Duke going way ahead of him simply because he can guard and move a lot better

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My home state Badgers are in alot of trouble in their game. They lost their starting PG To injury late in the first half and have only scored like 6 points total since then over 10+ minutes,

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, i'm not sure Texas Tech has enough offensive firepower to stick with Duke.
I have them beating Duke in the next round but after watching them play ND i'm alot less confident with that pick.
I think you have to be able to score in the 70's to beat Duke.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'll stick with Texas Tech, particularly with everyone jumping ship. One game is one game.

FWIW, i'm not sure Texas Tech has enough offensive firepower to stick with Duke.
I have them beating Duke in the next round but after watching them play ND i'm alot less confident with that pick.
I think you have to be able to score in the 70's to beat Duke.
Interesting match-up based on KenPom. Following today's games:
Duke: #4 offense, #44 defense
Texas Tech: #41 offense, #1 defense

Opening odds show a coin flip (Texas Tech favored by 1).