NCAA Tournament

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Duke has the most raw talent. When they put aside their individual ambitions and play as a team they are really good. I have them winning.
What individual ambitions affected their play down the stretch? Not saying you're wrong. I didn't follow closely enough nor hear that as the accepted reason for general inconsistency.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why do you think Duke has an easy path? I look at the potential H2H with Texas Tech and think the Red Raiders are outright the better team. Then most likely Gonzaga or Arkansas awaits.
I have Duke making the Sweet Sixteen and then losing to TT. I should have phrased a little better. I thought they had an relatively easy path the opening weekend.
Duke is really good offensively, but they have been suspect defensively for weeks now.

VT is going to kill my bracket. I had every ACC team advancing and I had VT going pretty deep. My bracket was already not great, but every team i've picked to make a surprise run to the Elite Eight has lost in the opening round.

My Final Four teams are still alive but we'll see how long that lasts.
Memphis over Gonzaga would not shock me.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, unfortunately Ill didn't have a lead until the final minute but they had it when it counts most.

Can't wait for the late games to start as this LSU - Iowa St game is just ugly. Sometimes games are low scoring because of good defense. This is not one of those games. This is just 2 teams not playing well.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well i'm nothing if not consistent so far. I got 6 out of 8 games right in each of the 4 regions.
I've lost 1 Elite 8 team, and 4 Sweet Sixteen.
My bottom half of my East Bracket is lost (I had VT and KY), but other than that not too bad.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Notes re: the Swarm Group: orientalnc is NOT Asian, but cooks a mean Thai green curry.

Hello to GT_EE78 and bwelbo. I miss you guys on the Swarm. I wish things had been different.