NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
For 4 years....the length of the probation

"A reduction of one men’s basketball scholarship during each year of probation"

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Not sure that's correct. I read it as a cap of 11 scholarships each year for the next four years. The ban on visits and communications is the biggest killer for a program trying to climb back to respectability.

I hope your right, if not that 4th year we will only have 8 scholarship players. :banghead:

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Not sure that's correct. I read it as a cap of 11 scholarships each year for the next four years. The ban on visits and communications is the biggest killer for a program trying to climb back to respectability.

This is absolutely correct. No official visits on game days... might as well take 3 scholly's a year.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
If this happens within the next year, the truly unthinkable will have happened:

Josh Pastner will have left GT basketball in a worse place than when he took over for Brian Gregory. Think about how down you were on the program with BG. It's worse now.
That's the most depressing thing I've ever read.... please god dont let this happen.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
This is absolutely correct. No official visits on game days... might as well take 3 scholly's a year.

Do most players take officials during the season? I see many take in the fall/spring. They can still take unofficial to game days right? Just trying to find some positive here