NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-9-26_10-23-40.png

This is from the AJC article ... in addition to the ban, probation, scholarship reduction, recruiting restrictions and a fine.
You might as well given the basketball program the "death penalty".

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
View attachment 6792
This is from the AJC article ... in addition to the ban, probation, scholarship reduction, recruiting restrictions and a fine.
You might as well given the basketball program the "death penalty".
At what point will the NCAA use a little restraint when handing down punishments for petty stuff? They're notoriously harsh on us for no damn reason.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We can appeal. Hope we do, but it will just prob cut everything in half. We need to hire the lowest man on unc or dukes coaching staff so we at least can try and cheat and get away with it.

We try to cheat and get hammered more than the teams that do get caught cheating. It's like, "Well you were caught trying to cheat so we're going beat you senseless. But YOU, you were proved to have cheated....BRAVO you beat us. Here's a slap on the wrist, hope it didn't hurt. Why thank you, you look very dapper as well. Good Day."

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
*****T stan as the man responsible for the dept of athletics should have gone directly to a sit down with Pastner as soon he realized there was a guy of any sort congregating with the bb team!! He should have been VERY blunt with his questions and then take huge actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We can appeal. Hope we do, but it will just prob cut everything in half. We need to hire the lowest man on unc or dukes coaching staff so we at least can try and cheat and get away with it.

We try to cheat and get hammered more than the teams that do get caught cheating. It's like, "Well you were caught trying to cheat so we're going beat you senseless. But YOU, you were proved to have cheated....BRAVO you beat us. Here's a slap on the wrist, hope it didn't hurt. Why thank you, you look very dapper as well. Good Day."

If it only removed the postseason ban, I could live with this punishment.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am stunned. I was SOOOOOOO looking forward to the season after all the crap we've put up with these last few years. Right now, I HATE the NCAA. I HATE Pastner. I especially HATE Ron Bell. I HATE college basketball.

Man, I never thought I would say this, but I am right there with you. It will be hard for me to get excited about any college hoops if this is how it goes.

The post season ban is the freakin killer here. We will lose half of our team.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
You really have to wonder, you consider this penalty and the NCAA taking away our ACC Championship in football for $300 of clothing that Demetrius Thomas never even wore.
Combine that with seeing what some of the other schools are getting away with (think UNC for example among many others) ... what the hell is going on !!!