NC State

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another unearned loss. Did well except for B7th. We left 11 on so would have scored more on most nights. But it wasn't most nights.

The errors were on 1B and SS. And two passed balls. Awful fundamental baseball.

1648383009075.png

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Huh? Well, the inning summaries don’t read that way. Shows he gave up 5 earned runs & 3 homers. Am I missing something??

Sort of. In the 4th, he gave up a solo HR. Then with 1 out, we failed to turn a routine 6-4-3 DP. No error charged because you can't assume a DP (scoring thing). Should have been out of the inning. NCST scored 3 more that inning (all earned... technically)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Deservedly swept. Today we didn't hit. Good pitching shuts down good hitting most times, which is not a good sign for times to come.

But Danny Hall put in Maxwell with game 2-1 B8.. Why? Not for performance to date (10.24 ERA before this mess) but I beleive to get the guy more opportunities to be drafted. Then he was slow to pull him. Here's the god awful play by play. The only out was a poorly executed 0-0 bunt.
1648410127660.png

Disgusting.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Deservedly swept. Today we didn't hit. Good pitching shuts down good hitting most times, which is not a good sign for times to come.

But Danny Hall put in Maxwell with game 2-1 B8.. Why? Not for performance to date (10.24 ERA before this mess) but I beleive to get the guy more opportunities to be drafted. Then he was slow to pull him. Here's the god awful play by play. The only out was a poorly executed 0-0 bunt.
View attachment 12258

Disgusting.
I had no problem with Hall putting in Maxwell. He had just struck out 5 in 2 scoreless innings on Friday.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
He was lights out for 2 innings Friday. If he brings someone else and they struggled ( which most of the pen is right now) , the question would be, why not Maxwell. Damn if you do and damn if you don’t. The pen is where he belongs tho. 1 run ain’t gonna cut it against no one. Total team effort for the sweep.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Granted a **** weekend, but a lot of baseball left , and as they say that’s baseball. UVA looks to be a tough road trip, but I’ll be watching and supporting. Go Jackets!
Your attitude is commendable. I must admit this weekend has taken a toll on me. It's all relative, of course. It's only baseball. I'll keep watching. You're right. Plenty of baseball left.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Your attitude is commendable. I must admit this weekend has taken a toll on me. It's all relative, of course. It's only baseball. I'll keep watching. You're right. Plenty of baseball left.
Well, NC State started out at 1-8 last year in the ACC and then went to the college world series.

This weekend sucked, but there is still plenty of time. We need to be playing our best baseball in May and June anyways, and I don't think that we've scratched our best baseball yet.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Reality hurt ur feelings? Sorry for ur butt hurt. Mam. LOL
No, I thought that we'd struggle at NC State and would probably be 6-6 after the first 4 series. But being a condescending ******* really doesn't suit you considering you have repeatedly come to bat for Collins on this forum.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping baseball would be an oasis in the desert of Georgia Tech’s men’s sports, but sadly, this year is looking more like a mirage. The next 3 series don’t get any easier.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping baseball would be an oasis in the desert of Georgia Tech’s men’s sports, but sadly, this year is looking more like a mirage. The next 3 series don’t get any easier.
The ACC is brutal top to bottom this year. We just need to survive the next 3 series and stay around .500 in ACC play. The schedule lightens up on the back end this year.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
The ACC is brutal top to bottom this year. We just need to survive the next 3 series and stay around .500 in ACC play. The schedule lightens up on the back end this year.
This is true- Remember the Braves did not get hot until after the All Star break and then played their best when it really mattered. There is potential on this GT team!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I admire your optimism. We’ve got a lot to clean up if we want to be playing baseball in June.
Yep, we do, but the fielding mistakes are fixable. I also want to see what we can do as a fully gealthy lineup with Simpson and Deleo adding their element of speed again.

I expect the upperclass pitchers to find a groove, too. They have really underperformed and that has hurt us the most so far. However, they have shown the ability to consistently guys out in the past, so I believe they will settle into roles soon.