NC State

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
On the road to Raleigh and NC State. The Wolfpack have underperformed expectations (so far). They are 1-4 in the ACC including being swept (2 games) by ND and dropping 2 of 3 at FSU. The are 1-7 over their last 3 weekends. All that does is scare me into thinking NC State (a solid team?) is officially desperate & playing at home against a Ga Tech club that 'maybe' (I don't know) is a little shaky confidence-wise. Win the series and things will feel like we're still on track.

CDH has already said the rotation will look a little different: Huff, Carwile, and Grissom (in that order).

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
If I read that right, they are starting 4 freshmen position players including SS & C. That’s a lot of young guys out there & might explain some of their record, although it sounds like they are performing well.
They have better pitching numbers than we do, but our bats are a little bit better.

They have a worse fielding %

They've also played the top 2 teams in the Atlantic, the sweep by Northeastern is interesting.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
They have better pitching numbers than we do, but our bats are a little bit better.

They have a worse fielding %

They've also played the top 2 teams in the Atlantic, the sweep by Northeastern is interesting.
They also return Devonte Brown who is their CF. Seems like he has been there for ever. My son played with him high school, Devonte was a year younger. For perspective, My son has now has completed his undergrad & is in second year of PA school!! In some respects it’s refreshing to see players who stick with the same program that long in todays “transfer portal crazy” world.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
Baseball portal has always irked me since Micah Owings left Tech for Tulane because, IIRC, he didn't want to be a two-way player and just wanted to pitch.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Baseball portal has always irked me since Micah Owings left Tech for Tulane because, IIRC, he didn't want to be a two-way player and just wanted to pitch.
Owings left for one reason…. Danny Hall. Felt he wasn’t developing enough under Hall. Smart move by him.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We took the series from uGag this year.

Wish the game were starting now rather than 7. I won't spend my night watching, maybe the last hour if we are close. Our hope is Cody will be a bright spot starting. Hopefully he can go more than 51 pitches / 4.0, but I don't want to see his confidence messed up. And if we give up enough scored and unscored errors, any pitcher gets lit up.

1648325684968.png

NC State is the one team I expected us to lose the series to this year before the season started. But we are non-competitive team right now. We'll probably give them a jump start to their next CWS run.

All we need is Chandler back, a semi-competent defense (Chandler will help) and consistent competent pitching. Sure, we may win a few games scoring 12+ runs to overcome our poor fundamental baseball. But that is not fun to watch.

We'll be better next year (tic). None of our pitchers are going to get drafted high and we'll have to cut a bunch to get down to 35. Below is how awful our pitching is this year; another 5.7 ERA and we are going to see better teams going forward.

1648325536628.png

I don't have an answer. Usually I have something I can ***** about with coaching, but not this year. It's on the players just not making the plays / pitches.

ScGold

Banned
We took the series from uGag this year.

Wish the game were starting now rather than 7. I won't spend my night watching, maybe the last hour if we are close. Our hope is Cody will be a bright spot starting. Hopefully he can go more than 51 pitches / 4.0, but I don't want to see his confidence messed up. And if we give up enough scored and unscored errors, any pitcher gets lit up.

View attachment 12255

NC State is the one team I expected us to lose the series to this year before the season started. But we are non-competitive team right now. We'll probably give them a jump start to their next CWS run.

All we need is Chandler back, a semi-competent defense (Chandler will help) and consistent competent pitching. Sure, we may win a few games scoring 12+ runs to overcome our poor fundamental baseball. But that is not fun to watch.

We'll be better next year (tic). None of our pitchers are going to get drafted high and we'll have to cut a bunch to get down to 35. Below is how awful our pitching is this year; another 5.7 ERA and we are going to see better teams going forward.

View attachment 12254

I don't have an answer. Usually I have something I can ***** about with coaching, but not this year. It's on the players just not making the plays / pitches.
The moto for tech baseball "wait until next year." Most underachieving program in the country.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
And we get to travel to Charlottesville next week to take on, arguably, the best team in the conference. It's gonna be a long season