• NC State by 7-13

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • NC State by 14+

Votes: 16 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
28-7 NC State. We can’t consistently score, and I don’t foresee this being much different. The offense seems to be getting worse, not better

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
As always, unless we run like we did at Miami.....NC State 24 Tech 0. I am not feeling it for this game.

Oh and since I will be in Atlanta, for the UGA week I will give that prediction as well. UGA 56 Tech 0. We will not even sniff the end zone. Kirby will play his 2 and 3s starting at the half to get ready for LSU which will keep the score down.

Who is the backup QB for UGA this year? Our game could be the start of his Heisman run.

Jmonty71

Banned
Who is the backup QB for UGA this year? Our game could be the start of his Heisman run.
The backup could be their water boy. All they would do is hand the ball off. But, I think it's D'wan Mathis... Not sure how good he is. We'll find out, next year. Fromm should jump to the NFL, after this season. After seeing what happened to Tua, I would. Take the money!!!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
They've won twice as many games as we have. I think we win, but I definitely wouldn't bet on it...
Our FEI SOS is 22. Theirs is 78. Number of wins is not always the best indicator of team strength (though I'd rather have more wins with a bad team then less wins with a good one :)).

Both teams are bottom 30 in FEI, so I think it will come down to who wants it more, over anything else.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think state will be up for this game because if they win the last two they will go bowling. I think we play better than last week but not enough to keep it close. I think they will try to run the ball. The one thing that works in our favor is they don’t get many turnovers. Their pass def is bad but they have a lot of sacks and tfl. 24-10 pack

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I think state will be up for this game because if they win the last two they will go bowling. I think we play better than last week but not enough to keep it close. I think they will try to run the ball. The one thing that works in our favor is they don’t get many turnovers. Their pass def is bad but they have a lot of sacks and tfl. 24-10 pack
I forgot about their motivation for a bowl. I still think our boys show up to play at home for a night game. BDS is always special at night.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Our FEI SOS is 22. Theirs is 78. Number of wins is not always the best indicator of team strength (though I'd rather have more wins with a bad team then less wins with a good one :)).

Both teams are bottom 30 in FEI, so I think it will come down to who wants it more, over anything else.

Yeah. I posted the FEI stats comparing the two teams earlier in the thread and we are better in everything but special teams. My response above was in jest.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info about ncst - even though it's a downer.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Poll included.
State by about a touchdown. They can move the football and we cannot. A lot depends on which State team shows up...the one that was leading Louisville at half time or the one that got blown out in the second half and looked bad doing so. They are so schizophrenic the wonder is they don't apply to be in the Coastal Division, they would fit right in.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The players are about equal in age and level of injury . With our loss of Brandon and Braun one could say we are lower in talent, but since this is end of season .
imo
End of season games are really about past player development by ast coaching staff and in game adjustments by oc, d , and hc.

imo, I have not seen any dl improvement like I have seen in ol and other positions. I have seen some positive in game adjustments ,but more often than they were by the opposing hc.

This is a great opportunity for Collins and crew to demonstrate in game competence. To get my approval I am not expecting legendary in game competence like some of last acc 2018 games (uva miami).

Going w the positive , gt wins 24-14.

I read somewhere that they had suffered something like 47 injuries during the course of the season (hard to believe but that is what it said). They were 4-2 playing BC and got slap dab run over to the tune of 300 plus yards in the first HALF and this was when they were leading the ACC in rush defense. They have not been the same since. Pretty good defensive line and linebackers when healthy but pretty bad everywhere else except receivers. They have two receivers who are pretty good and one of them has thrown for two touchdowns on that fake wide receiver screen and throw across the field to a back sneaking off the back side both times wide open. They are way down the depth chart at quarterback it would seem. Running backs don't scare anyone either.