• NC State by 7-13

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • NC State by 14+

Votes: 16 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
31-13 us. The offense goes off and we hit all our big plays.

This is the only way we win, IMO. We have talent enough on the O to hit some big plays, but have struggled to keep a drive going consistently. If we hit all our big plays I can see us not only winning, but winning big against a team theoretically worse than us.

GT Combined FEI 102 vs NCSU 114
GT DFEI 80 NCSU 92
GT OFEI 101 NCSU 111
GT STFEI 110 NCSU 47

Given the probabilities, I'd kick off OOB and give it to them the penalty yardage just to prevent a runback and punt away from the returner every single time, and pray it doesn't come down to a field goal...

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
One of the only things you could accurately predict so far this season is inconsistency at QB ... it'll be interesting to see how Yates is used in Thursdays game plan ??
I don't think he will be in the game plan, other than if 4 is (totally) ineffective and Johnson is still not available.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They are struggling on their OL like us. We are not getting much of a pass rush so that may be a wash. They have had turnovers in their losses. We need that to happen for us to win.but can we get pressure on their QB.

Deleted member 2897

34-5 NCSt

I was thinking about the same thing. NC State gets 5 pick sixes. 1 extra point attempt is blocked and returned for 2 points for us. We also get an 18 yard field goal at the very end. Pass interference in the end zone gives us first and goal on the 1. After 3 downs and not moving an inch, we give up and kick a field goal as time expires.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Going to be a long night...

I want to fantasize about a happy drive home Thursday night... Sooooo......

17-20 GT with the win (two field goals or a missed PAT) [emoji6]

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
After the VT game, I'm thinking 21-7 NCST. Two pick sixes, one each team. 5 total turnovers. Another head coaching gaffe. And the swarm scratching their heads afterwards. Half blaming the players and half blaming the coaches.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I have not seen anything this season to support us not scoring against NC State. Getting curb stomped by VT sucked, but we scored against Clemson for Dodd’s sake.

Defense gets after it, but has to defend short field a few too many times. 21-20 good guys.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I was called into a department wide "Lean Action Workout", or something to that effect, this afternoon. It had started on Monday morning. Most people that had been there for a day and a half had no idea what was going on, so certainly I did not. A friend and colleague, who is an NC State fan, said "At least this will make the Tech - State game look better". My response was "Bourbon will make the Tech - NC State game look better." We'll see if bourbon works or not...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
For the first time this season, I feel like we have a legitimate starting QB in Graham and an inexperienced legitimate backup with Yates. If Graham falters, I hope Yates gets some meaningful snaps before the game gets out of reach. But I don't think that will happen. Our defense steps up and Graham/Mason lead us to a 24-10 win.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I have not seen anything this season to support us not scoring against NC State. Getting curb stomped by VT sucked, but we scored against Clemson for Dodd’s sake.

Defense gets after it, but has to defend short field a few too many times. 21-20 good guys.

True, but we seem to have regressed significantly as the season has progressed...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think GC sees this game as very winnable. I would be surprised if Yates gets in unless we are getting blown out or JG is having a really bad night. One other thing that could matter this late in the season is that our guys are nearing the end of the semester with lots of tests projects etc plus we all know how classwork can wear you down even for non athletes.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
It depends on which Graham shows up. The one that doesn't realize the clock is running or the one that can hit an open receiver. Then again, the receiver has to catch the ball. We have a horrible offense. I agree with us scoring only 5 points. That means the defense scored a safety and the offense scored on a field goal. I really believe the quarterback that is going to lead us to the promised land is attending high school somewhere today. I'll be there Thursday night.