NC State Postgame

Scubapro

Banned
That’s what I heard he said. I don’t understand it either but he’s gonna say whatever since he doesn’t care about people’s opinions
Sorry...just to be sure...I wasn't questioning if your heard it ...just a really odd explanation.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Really? Did he say that? I didn't hear it but if he did then thats an Alice in Wonderland type of excuse.

the oddity to me is that was his logic on kicking the FG at the end of the half, he said we needed points on the board when he elected to kick FGs in the 2nd half.

I think Collins is simply facing things he’s never been in charge of before And second guesses himself.

im sure we needed the points on the board at the end of the first half also.

im still encouraged for the future, this year we are complaining about coaching decisions last year we were questioning the talent level.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Defense played their tails off - O seems to always start slow, and then when they get inside the other team's 30 yard line, the play calling and execution seems to go to pot. I think we probably win easy with Gibbs, as I believe he would have broken off some big runs or pass plays. An FBS power 5 school should not have to get inside the 15 yard line to try a FG. Penalties are a PROBLEM, and they cannot just be blamed on "youth". Frustrated, but still love my school and my team.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Would it not be better to get those nerves out of the way at the end of the second half rather than potentially at the end of the game? That’s just bad reasoning.
Based on the of FGs, the odds of having a bobbled snap/blocked kick and going into halftime down 27-7 rather than 20-7 was more than probable. Yeah, he over thought it, it’s a fair assessment

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
So was it injury or covid related for the majority of missing players?
The “several” shutdown just before kickoff couldn’t have been covid related. They wouldn’t have travelled, and if they had, we would likely have had an FSU style cancellation.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t think Sims played that bad considering how well they were rushing the passer. I’m so so sick of being in this broke sorry *** conference though, we shouldn’t have turned down the Big 10. Playing a North Carolina team on the road in the ACC is like the Longest Yard. Sims should’ve fired one at the refs nuts tonight. Why the hell is no one talking about the 2 field goals tho??

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs was really missed tonight. Mason ran the ball so well but it was hard to not think about on some of his runs Gibbs would’ve had that burst to score. They are such a good 1-2 combo is sucks when either one of them is out. It’s not surprise that Gibbs had his best game ever when Mason was fully healthy for the first time.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
and that’s not a QB or coaching problem. If they quit on routes we are getting into the corrective enraged and screaming debate, time for a foot in someone’s butt.
I definitely saw 2-3 times (maybe more) a GT receiver not finishing or running through his route which made it look like Sims was overthrowing. Gotta get that fixed...finish your damn route guys!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
The team has to be careful for the next few days with this being a short week. I may be wrong, but I don't see how we can get most of the missing players back by Thursday night.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
the oddity to me is that was his logic on kicking the FG at the end of the half, he said we needed points on the board when he elected to kick FGs in the 2nd half.

I think Collins is simply facing things he’s never been in charge of before And second guesses himself.

im sure we needed the points on the board at the end of the first half also.

im still encouraged for the future, this year we are complaining about coaching decisions last year we were questioning the talent level.
But will the coaching improve when the talent gets better? Serious question and not trying to be flippant.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
there is a lot to be critical of at the moment to be sure. But giving the missing players and being on the road against a 7 win (now 8) team, I thought the team compted hard (the announcer's comments about our receivers were very disturbing however.) As in 2 or 3 of our other losses we went into the 4th quarter with a chance to win the game. I see improvements in coaching and still see a positive trendline. I think the program is being built and we are going through what we did in Curry and Ross's first two years.

I have 2 questions - who was that announcer last night? Quite frankly, I enjoyed his candor. Also,for your former OL and/or coaches, what are the difference skillsets required to run vs. pass block? We were effective at one last night and very inefffective at the other? Thanks for any input.

slugboy

Staff member
there is a lot to be critical of at the moment to be sure. But giving the missing players and being on the road against a 7 win (now 8) team, I thought the team compted hard (the announcer's comments about our receivers were very disturbing however.) As in 2 or 3 of our other losses we went into the 4th quarter with a chance to win the game. I see improvements in coaching and still see a positive trendline. I think the program is being built and we are going through what we did in Curry and Ross's first two years.

I have 2 questions - who was that announcer last night? Quite frankly, I enjoyed his candor. Also,for your former OL and/or coaches, what are the difference skillsets required to run vs. pass block? We were effective at one last night and very inefffective at the other? Thanks for any input.
Chris Cotter (former sports radio host in Atlanta) was play by play. Mark Herzlich was color commentary and played TE for Boston College and the NY Giants.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Chris Cotter (former sports radio host in Atlanta) was play by play. Mark Herzlich was color commentary and played TE for Boston College and the NY Giants.
So I take it that the color guy (Herzlich) was the one commenting on the apparent lack of effort from our receiving corps? It makes sense that he has a Boston/NY background if that is the case as the sports fans up there tend to really "tell it like it is". As an aside, one of my worst ever broadcasters was Brent Musberger because he was the exact opposite - he was always unicorns and butterfies no matter what. Give me a guy who is honest and straight up - I used to love Johnny Miller on golf broadcasts for this reason although most people did not.