NC State Postgame

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Sims once again played awful and the overall offensive coaching was awful.
We still got beat by a better team though so let’s not sweat it too much. They’re 8-3 for a reason.
Eh, they got 4 of those wins with a different QB. This is the first full game I’ve watched of State since they played Pitt, and they look decidedly worse on offense without Leary.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Defense stepped up. The false starts back to back on the one yard line hurt us. Wish we attempted the fg late in the first after watching Stewart kick two in the second half. Thought the shoving was both ways on some of those pass interferences. Passing needs to improve next year. I felt like there were several plays where we had check downs for short gains that we either missed or recognized too late. Running game was excellent again.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Screenshot_20201205-192551.jpg

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm not sure that if Gibbs played that we won. Issue had more to do with her past protection and how thin we were on the defensive side of the ball.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
We lost because Patenaude got into the red zone and forgot how to call plays, and then the refs were trying to screw us. They were either biased or completely incompetent, since they were ACC refs I am leaning towards the latter.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Penalties! (Some were questionable, but some were those STUPID, undisciplined ones) We didn't turn it over, but we sure tried a couple of times. Glad they held on.

D had some good stops - just not all we needed. Unfortunately they didn't get any help from O. Were all those guys out due to COVID? So I guess they will be out on Thurs as well....

O was really weak tonight. Good runs by Mason, Sims, Griffin and Smith at times! On the 1 - to the 6 - to the 1 - to the 6....that has to stop. We must learn to convert in the red zone. Really dumb playcalling in the red zone overall.

We made 2 FG!! How exciting!