NC State Game Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC State has some offensive firepower that can get hot quick. We basically need a repeat performance of the Miami game to have a shot at the win.

Hoping we're up for that and can get win #2.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Wow that was heartbreaking. The team keeps playing hard, but we just don't have enough scorers and I hate Gregory's offense. They play hard on defense and rebound well but miss a lot of easy shots and don't make the extra pass.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The whole Q situation was a mess...hardly seen him all game then there he is at the end of OT....misses BOTH free throws.

Totally agree. How is Marcus inbounding the ball right there? He needed to be the one taking the free throws

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Unfortunately TJack just can't seem to make a shot and become the player we/he wants him to be.

The MGH "charge" was a bad call.

Why didn't we foul them after they inbounded for the last time and force them to the FT line. worst case is they tie it up... :banghead:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
why don't you wrap up lacy on the rebound. That 3 should never have been shot.

Our guys deserved that win. Jorgy showed flashes of the future.

Charge call was horse crap.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately TJack just can't seem to make a shot and become the player we/he wants him to be.

The MGH "charge" was a bad call.

Why didn't we foul them after they inbounded for the last time and force them to the FT line. worst case is they tie it up... :banghead:

We would have only fouled them if we were up by 3. I don't think when you're up by 2 you foul and put a guy on the line to tie it. At that point you just have to play D. If Q had made 1, then we foul so they can't tie at the line. All we needed was 1 there.

Also, anyone else feel like our good offensive rebounding statistics are skewed by the number gimmies we miss around the basket? When you miss that many shots that close, you're going to have the shooter grab his own rebound a lot of times.

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
Why we you change the line-up at the end that gave you the lead. All that was on the coach. Q probably played 3 minutes but he's shooting free throws in crunch times, That was a dumb move on the coach part.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are only 2 guys on this team that should touch the ball when you know we are going to be fouled. TJ or MGH. MGH was 8-9 on the day from the line, has been there before, and is shooting 80% from the line in ACC play. TJ has missed 1 FT this season. I know Q is a good FT shooter, but he hadn't played much.

This has been one of the most frustrating ACC seasons I have ever been through. This team should be much better than 1-8 in ACC. AT worst this team should be 13-8, 4-5. Probably should be a game or 2 better than that.

TJ is finally starting to look a little like the players I saw film of in high school.
MGH after a rough start has really adjusted nicely to having to be the main guy. He does not get the benefit of the call though like all conference players tend to. That is not the first time he has been called for a charge in a similar situation.

A good coach would have this team (and definately next year's team) in the NCAA. That is how fine a line this team is playing. it is sub.500, but frankly could be an NCAA team pretty easily.

RamblinRed

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Of course by TJ it is safe to assume #10 (Travis) and not #1 (Tadric) :)
RR is right, IMO. The team is so close to having being a .500 in the ACC. If we can get a couple of more 'lights" to come on for a couple of players we can have 5 - 8 ACC wins this season. If not, then 1-17 isn't impossible. ( :( )

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Per @CuseJacket - "MGH: thought the charge call was a good call... i lost my balance"

Surprised. Must be what happened because that's one heck of an HONEST comment to come from him regarding the play at the end of regulation.