@ NC State Baseball

How many games will we win this weekend (assuming 3 played)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 30.4%

Votes: 13 56.5%

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
@Techcaster572 Keep bringing us good luck
I wish I could make it but when I found out it was 4:00 pm first pitch, I have my daddy/daughter dance tonight at 5:30 and wouldn't be able to make it so to everyone going....GO JACKETS!!!

Get em!!!

Beat the wolfpunks!

My son and I will bee there tomorrow for the Sunday matchup after church.

I've got an unused ticket for today's game. If anyone wants it, pm me. TECH FANS ONLY :)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I go to a lot of AAA ball in Durham (shared season tickets). Pitchers at that level are almost 100% above 90 mph and some high 90's. What do our guys do?
BTW. Looking forward to watching Simpson here this year. My seats are 4 rows up behind Bulls dugout. I will wear my GT gear to the games and hope to get a chance to speak with him. He may move up to Tampa real quick if he can hit.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I go to a lot of AAA ball in Durham (shared season tickets). Pitchers at that level are almost 100% above 90 mph and some high 90's. What do our guys do?
BTW. Looking forward to watching Simpson here this year. My seats are 4 rows up behind Bulls dugout. I will wear my GT gear to the games and hope to get a chance to speak with him. He may move up to Tampa real quick if he can hit.
I watched him play when Charleston came to Fredericksburg a couple times last summer. He did his thing... infield hits & SBs.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably about 50-60% of the staff throw over 90 mph

AAA ball in the minor league is on the precipice of being called up to the majors so I'd classify most average college pitcher as A or AA ball players while they develop.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I wish I could make it but when I found out it was 4:00 pm first pitch, I have my daddy/daughter dance tonight at 5:30 and wouldn't be able to make it so to everyone going....GO JACKETS!!!

Get em!!!

Beat the wolfpunks!

My son and I will bee there tomorrow for the Sunday matchup after church.

I've got an unused ticket for today's game. If anyone wants it, pm me. TECH FANS ONLY :)
You could have taught her the Budweiser dance at the game, but I understand why you chose that other option.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Worth a listen. CMT speaks. He's "coaching" & working on getting the pitching better. Talks [optimistically] about the young arms. I wonder how (if) soon they will be given more significant roles. They are promising. He mentions King & Busse. Sounds like (through the PC coach speak) he doesn't have huge confidence in them right now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Nice come back!

1000004259.png

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am OOTC and really surprised and glad to see these 2 wins over a ranked team. These players on this team seem to have a higher baseball IQ than recent teams, as well as over all talent.
We keep this up, us fickled fans will be demanding a contract extension for CDH. 🤣

PS: Just kidding. Kudos to our entire coaching staff and our kids so far.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good baseball is fun to watch

It's great baseball when we win, good baseball when both teams play well and we lose.

The good:
  • Team has real momentum since the uGa series and Northeastern game. Talked to in video clip in this: https://ramblinwreck.com/zmarzlak-homers-tech-past-no-13-nc-state/
  • Cavemen are back, 4 HRs in a game. Burress 2 HRs in a game, still unbelievable. But Zmarziak 8th inning HR to take lead was one of the most memorable plays of the year. As Zmarziak said in the video clip, he was just trying to damage the baseball. Authentic caveman.
  • Comeback wins are more satisfying than holding on to win.
  • Defense overall was good especially Jones at 1st (one error cost us 2 runs) and we worked out of a lot of tight positions. Turned another inning ending DP with bases loaded in the 6th.
  • New guys to the team gave up 1 ER in 6.0 IP. We have far more depth in pitching than we have had in past years. Need to keep shuffling the deck and keeping the performers.
  • Brett Thomas was amazing - 15 pitches for 2.0 to close.
  • 1710676119603.png
  • Coaching was good. Pulling Finateri in T3rd when he loaded bases with no outs was good IMHO.
  • Series win over ranked team. (At home, would have been better to play @NC State ;))
The not good:
  • NC State was 0-9 RISP. That was good for us and bad for them; I think RISP works out over time and we were lucky.
  • Our strike % was only 54.3%. That won't do it when the cavemen aren't out to play.
  • Finateri had a rough outing. Kovala was wild but only gave up 1 ER.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
It's great baseball when we win, good baseball when both teams play well and we lose.

The good:
  • Team has real momentum since the uGa series and Northeastern game. Talked to in video clip in this: https://ramblinwreck.com/zmarzlak-homers-tech-past-no-13-nc-state/
  • Cavemen are back, 4 HRs in a game. Burress 2 HRs in a game, still unbelievable. But Zmarziak 8th inning HR to take lead was one of the most memorable plays of the year. As Zmarziak said in the video clip, he was just trying to damage the baseball. Authentic caveman.
  • Comeback wins are more satisfying than holding on to win.
  • Defense overall was good especially Jones at 1st (one error cost us 2 runs) and we worked out of a lot of tight positions. Turned another inning ending DP with bases loaded in the 6th.
  • New guys to the team gave up 1 ER in 6.0 IP. We have far more depth in pitching than we have had in past years. Need to keep shuffling the deck and keeping the performers.
  • Brett Thomas was amazing - 15 pitches for 2.0 to close.
  • View attachment 15903
  • Coaching was good. Pulling Finateri in T3rd when he loaded bases with no outs was good IMHO.
  • Series win over ranked team. (At home, would have been better to play @NC State ;))
The not good:
  • NC State was 0-9 RISP. That was good for us and bad for them; I think RISP works out over time and we were lucky.
  • Our strike % was only 54.3%. That won't do it when the cavemen aren't out to play.
  • Finateri had a rough outing. Kovala was wild but only gave up 1 ER.
Couldn't agree more with your assessments above.

I really like the depth of our infield, outfield, and now our pitching staff.

Brett Barfield and Brett Thomas both transferred in from big time programs as, for whatever reason, it didn't work out for these two highly regarded recruits.

Brett Barfield was a top lefthander from N. Forsyth and went to FSU
Brett Thomas was a top recruit that went to South Carolina

Two big time baseball recruits that came from college baseball powers that chose to come here to compete.

I noticed that Warren Nolan updated his insane predictions of tech finishing 6-24 in the acc to now 12-18. I still think he's wrong as I stated preseason that I think this team has a strong chance to finish at .500 or above in the conference and that is saying a lot considering how strong the conference is. We are now 91 in his RPI which i still find ludicrous however we were 198 last week so we moving on up.

I enjoyed my father/daughter dance yesterday and got the text about the go ahead HR by Bobby Barrels (Zmarzlak) :) and just made an outstanding night even better.
My son and I are heading to the Rusty C in an hour with our Brooms! Time to sweep the wolfpunks on outta here and back to Raleigh.
So very proud of the grit and fight in this team. Never ever quit attitude.

I've been very impressed with new PC Matt Taylor. Someone posted an interview with him regarding the staff. Highly encourage to listen as the change from Borrell to Taylor is huge imo so far.

Since Giesler hasn't participated in ACC play, I truly wonder if we'll see him again this year. He's a great kid. He spoke to my son for over 10 minutes during an autograph session and is genuinely a super guy. I really hope to see him back not because of his bat because he's just a great guy that has waited his turn and I'm rooting for him!

Our defense is much improved. Even the error at 3b that scored two for nc state was made up quickly with a solo shot by Carson the bottom half of the inning.

Going for 8 straight today boys. Go get em!
#3rdBaseCrew
#JoltinJ's

Last edited: