Deleted member 2897

3QwVj9.gif

Attachments

• 1614379505565.jpeg
    1614379505565.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 18

jtrebuchon3

Georgia Tech Fan
Both teams' twitter accounts indicate they actually just called a delay. Didn't think I saw a game over signal from the umps, so commentators on the broadcast might have jumped the gun...

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It’s goofy, but it’s a conference game, and they’re going to get all 9 in if at all possible. We all know anything can happen in baseball, so hopefully the 9th goes quick and we can roll momentum’s into game 2. What can’t happen is having to use more than 1 pitcher, or let them start a rally even if we hang on and win. Don’t want them to build up momentum and confidence with a quick turnaround

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s goofy, but it’s a conference game, and they’re going to get all 9 in if at all possible. We all know anything can happen in baseball, so hopefully the 9th goes quick and we can roll momentum’s into game 2. What can’t happen is having to use more than 1 pitcher, or let them start a rally even if we hang on and win. Don’t want them to build up momentum and confidence with a quick turnaround
That is some BS

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That is some BS
I mean, if this were the Sunday game it would’ve been official and they wouldn’t have tried to make it up.
Typical ACC
You’d be saying the same thing if the scoreboard was reversed and Tech didn’t get to hit in the 9th. A conference game will play all 9 innings if at all possible. There’s 2 more days of games to make up the 9th inning. They were never going to call the game with innings left to play on Friday.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well through 8 we looked pretty good. If game isn't over (Mercer ninth comes to mind with the Wiley jinx), I won't do stats like I was planning to do.

Good thing .... NC State will use another pitcher. Maybe start someone in 9th inning when we come up and then roll him to the next game?

Bad thing is we need to use another of our 23 pitchers. (Don't know how many travelled.)

Good thing is we come up first so either NC State throws in a weak pitcher and we get some more runs. Or they burn a good pitcher. In any event, we can throw some pitchers who we might not otherwise use.

Any idea how long between games when there is a resumption?

GTBaseballBoy16

Georgia Tech Fan
Well through 8 we looked pretty good. If game isn't over (Mercer ninth comes to mind with the Wiley jinx), I won't do stats like I was planning to do.

Good thing .... NC State will use another pitcher. Maybe start someone in 9th inning when we come up and then roll him to the next game?

Bad thing is we need to use another of our 23 pitchers. (Don't know how many travelled.)

Good thing is we come up first so either NC State throws in a weak pitcher and we get some more runs. Or they burn a good pitcher. In any event, we can throw some pitchers who we might not otherwise use.

Any idea how long between games when there is a resumption?
30 minutes in between games.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I mean, if this were the Sunday game it would’ve been official and they wouldn’t have tried to make it up.

You’d be saying the same thing if the scoreboard was reversed and Tech didn’t get to hit in the 9th. A conference game will play all 9 innings if at all possible. There’s 2 more days of games to make up the 9th inning. They were never going to call the game with innings left to play on Friday.
The ACC.com site is now showing the result is "final".

LibertyTurns

Banned

Yeah I guess you’re right. There’s MLB rules governing resuming the game before the next one so it’s not usual.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm pumped that they're going to resume the game tomorrow. I won't jinx it by being specific... but how many Tech victories have you witnessed in a single day?

Seriously though... gonna have to research this.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The ACC is terribly unreliable.

fify

I'm pumped that they're going to resume the game tomorrow. I won't jinx it by being specific... but how many Tech victories have you witnessed in a single day?

Seriously though... gonna have to research this.

Really? Wiley did a full post game recap last night since he thought the game was over. Talked about major jinxes. And to make matters worse, he and the other announcer were joking about their superhuman jinxing ability during the broadcast. Just because they were remote relying on an internet feed is no excuse! (I kid except for when it works!)

Today's weather - cloudy and 60's. No wind.

Second game is listed as 3PM on D1 Baseball.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
How many travel? Did Roedig?...& could he be good to finish the game? Threw 50 or so pitches on Wed.
I posted this in wrong thread.

Something I don't fully understand... Managing "arms"? Questions for you experts out there...
-Is Roedig a crazy idea?
-What about Chapman "staying in the game"? ... PC = 37
-What would you do?

I know I want zero shenanigans. Throw strikes... get those 3 outs in short order.