NC State - ACC Weekend #1

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I posted this in wrong thread.

Something I don't fully understand... Managing "arms"? Questions for you experts out there...
-Is Roedig a crazy idea?
-What about Chapman "staying in the game"? ... PC = 37
-What would you do?

I know I want zero shenanigans. Throw strikes... get those 3 outs in short order.

Let's not overthink. Having said that, here I do. We're up at least 6. NC State has the much harder decision since they start and have to decide what caliber pitcher to use. Do they "give up" and pitch a low caliber pitcher? Or a stopper who otherwise could be used for the next game(s). I think lower caliber.

We should throw a lightly used or new pitcher IMHO, let him up to 2 players on base or runs, unless we score more T9. I wouldn't use Chapman since I don't want injuries this early in the season. We've got 23 pitchers - use them!!!! But like you I don't know how many travelled.

But yeah, throw strikes, put ball in play and get the outs.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
I am wondering why we haven't seen Grissom yet, at all. I thought he had a chance to be a midweek, if not weekend starter.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am wondering why we haven't seen Grissom yet, at all. I thought he had a chance to be a midweek, if not weekend starter.
During the Mercer broadcast... Roddy Jones was talking about some of the young talent. He said something to the effect that Grissom was working his way into playing shape. He gave no history or detail around it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There’s always the desire to get that win but let’s say we still have a 6 run lead. If that’s the case we need to get an inexperienced pitcher in there for 2-3 batters at a minimum. #1 those guys need game experience without huge pressure, #2 we should try to rest our best arms for the other 2 games and #3 with a literal army of pitchers on the roster I’d think you’d see guys bolting after the season is over if everyone is languishing on the pine & nobody else gets a chance. #4 we get a low risk opportunity to see what they’ve got against real competition.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO, and having no knowledge of who I am describing, you want to throw one of your B-level pitchers, and the one that is best at throwing strikes. The chances of a team scoring 6 or more runs without the benefit of walks or HBP are very small. So, not Bartnicki, Maxwell, or Roedig, but whomever in that next level has the best command of the strike zone.

Deleted member 2897

IMO, and having no knowledge of who I am describing, you want to throw one of your B-level pitchers, and the one that is best at throwing strikes. The chances of a team scoring 6 or more runs without the benefit of walks or HBP are very small. So, not Bartnicki, Maxwell, or Roedig, but whomever in that next level has the best command of the strike zone.

Whoever pitches, we’re coming at you for pre-describing them as B Level. 😃