Nashville Regional - Vandy, Ga Tech, Indiana St, Presbyterian

Deleted member 2897

Hmmmm, I wouldn't say quick hook hall or slow hook hall today. I'd say Hall of Fame instincts hall, and it worked out. Left Hurter in when he could have easily pulled him in the first inning or two. Hurter went ****ing 110 pitches. šŸ’ŖBut then he pulled Crawford after 3 pitches and pulled Siegel after only 2 damned pitches. :ROFLMAO:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hmmmm, I wouldn't say quick hook hall or slow hook hall today. I'd say Hall of Fame instincts hall, and it worked out. Left Hurter in when he could have easily pulled him in the first inning or two. But then he pulled Crawford after 3 pitches and pulled Siegel after only 2 damned pitches. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah... we probably won't see much about this narrative on here.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah... we probably won't see much about this narrative on here.

Slow Hook on Hurter and Maxwell. Otherwise good. Only cost 1 less run than we had. (Did I do that right?)

Great defense in spots. 2 DPs really bailed us out.

Only 62% strikes for us with Hurter at 62% and Maxwell drug us down. Great pitching by others (who could pitch). Pull 'em when they can't throw strikes.

.400 RISP for us and .343 overall. Good timely hitting to score in 2 of 8 innings.

What the hell, our ACE Grissom was saved for tomorrow.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Slow Hook on Hurter and Maxwell. Otherwise good. Only cost 1 less run than we had. (Did I do that right?)

Great defense in spots. 2 DPs really bailed us out.

Only 62% strikes for us with Hurter at 62% and Maxwell drug us down. Great pitching by others (who could pitch). Pull 'em when they can't throw strikes.

.400 RISP for us and .343 overall. Good timely hitting to score in 2 of 8 innings.

What the hell, our ACE Grissom was saved for tomorrow.
You're doing it right as long as you're participating... so, absolutely, you're doing it right. I'd submit... leaving Hurter in was either desperation or luck or he (and DBo) saw something worth riding. I'm willing to say Hall won this game with what he did with the bullpen. Didn't mess around with guys not getting guys out. Maxwell the exception... but he's a strikeout guy and with so many baserunners, you needed those K's. Everyone should be able to pitch tomorrow (some) which is great.

Great WIN!! This team keeps working hard after I've long thrown in the towel... God Bless 'em!!!! ...and To Hell with Georgia.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good D1 discussion on why it's best to save your best pitcher in the first game. "I didn't come to finish second. I came here to win the regional ......" Unless you are Vandy and stacked of course.

Oh yeah, Alabama got schooled 8-1 by NC State. :)
1622838828480.png

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think that is correct.. with a time zone differential... I'm never sure. LOL.
Noticed the ACC N, isnā€™t showing baseball tomorrow(guessing the 2 and U will be full, since the television listings seem to have such). $EC N has Vandy-Presb. tonight at 7. Although on Saturday, listings have Noon, 3 pm and 6 pm games.
Hoping for an ESPN channel for Tech, because of not being able to go up there.

Edited: Thanks Fred and Cincy.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Noticed the ACC N, isnā€™t showing baseball tomorrow(guessing the 2 and U will be full, since the television listings seem to have such). $EC N has Vandy-Presb. tonight at 7. Although on Saturday, listings have Noon, 3 pm and 6 pm games.
Hoping for an ESPN channel for Tech, because of not being able to go up there.

Edited: Thanks Fred and Cincy.
Reminder to all that if you have a cable subscription, you have access to ESPN3 streaming (this is not ESPN+ that requires an extra subscription.) Anyone with access to ESPN on their cable system can stream all the regionals. I just stream it on the Apple TV and it's no different than if it were coming in on a cable station.

Deleted member 2897

I'd submit... leaving Hurter in was either desperation or luck or he (and DBo) saw something worth riding.

In my uneducated, non-baseball professional eye, Hurter was constantly getting ahead in the pitch count...0-2, 1-2, but then he'd do something weird like hit a batter (twice). Perhaps they saw that he was close to having good stuff but could work with him in between innings on some things. Who knows. But he gave us very valuable innings to save pitchers.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
In my uneducated, non-baseball professional eye, Hurter was constantly getting ahead in the pitch count...0-2, 1-2, but then he'd do something weird like hit a batter (twice). Perhaps they saw that he was close to having good stuff but could work with him in between innings on some things. Who knows. But he gave us very valuable innings to save pitchers.
Yes... despite the path getting there. He only gave up 4 runs thru 6 hard fought innings. With our offense, I'll take that every time.