Nashville Regional - Vandy, Ga Tech, Indiana St, Presbyterian

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Reminder to all that if you have a cable subscription, you have access to ESPN3 streaming (this is not ESPN+ that requires an extra subscription.) Anyone with access to ESPN on their cable system can stream all the regionals. I just stream it on the Apple TV and it's no different than if it were coming in on a cable station.
And allow me to remind folks who are in a hotel/motel suite, over 55 housing, group home, certain cable or dish packages, etc.-you are out of luck. Lol!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Despite the ACC getting off to a slow start with losses by Duke and UVA, and Tech getting down early, we're coming back. Tech wins! F-yeah. Beat Presbyterian next (or Vandy, if they manage to advance...). Notre Dame dominates Central Michigan, who had a very highly regarded pitcher, if I'm not mistaken. NC State taking care of business. Good shot to win that regional as a 2 seed, in my opinion. Florida State holding their own 3-2 over Southern Miss in the 7th. Never underestimate FSU in the post-season. And Florida lost to South Florida, giving Miami an opening in that regional. Lets go Jackets #1. After that, go ACC!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not clear why all the hosts don't elect to play in first game of the day. Didn't know they could elect earlier.

Gives more recovery time and avoids possible rain delay game running to next day. Our weather looks good till scattered showers on Sunday.

Also if you lose you don't have a choice and get the early game.

One other thing I forgot about for NCAAs is Squeeze Play which is on all day going between best games. Sling is working fine on ESPN3.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Not clear why all the hosts don't elect to play in first game of the day. Didn't know they could elect earlier.

Gives more recovery time and avoids possible rain delay game running to next day. Our weather looks good till scattered showers on Sunday.

Also if you lose you don't have a choice and get the early game.

One other thing I forgot about for NCAAs is Squeeze Play which is on all day going between best games. Sling is working fine on ESPN3.
My guess is that there are 2 camps that prefer the late games. One that wants the money from the gate, and the other that wants the Friday night atmosphere that they've had for most of the season. Friday night games are usually better attended than Friday afternoon games.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
My guess is that there are 2 camps that prefer the late games. One that wants the money from the gate, and the other that wants the Friday night atmosphere that they've had for most of the season. Friday night games are usually better attended than Friday afternoon games.
Definitely the atmosphere. A team like LSU? A Friday night at the Box is better than some P5 football atmospheres. Now that's a home field advantage worth hosting for.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

The Arkansas game earlier today looked sold out.

Another "reason" could be Friday games are supposed to be at night and some coaches don't want to mess with the "rotation". (Tic).

Just another minor tactical error imho.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I went through Rocker and Leiter's stats since their April 23 series versus Mississippi State, and they are as follows:

Leiter: 1-3, 5 starts, 27.2 IP, 19 H, 17 R, 15 ER, 14 BB, 41K, 4.88 ERA, 94.8 average pitches per start.

Rocker: 3-2, 6 starts, 36.1 IP, 25 H, 20 R, 19 ER, 16 BB, 54 K, 4.73 ERA, 101.5 average pitches per start.

So over their last 5 or 6 starts, both of these guys are beatable. We need a solid pitching performance, and need our offense to get it going early and often! Lets go Jackets!!!

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I went through Rocker and Leiter's stats since their April 23 series versus Mississippi State, and they are as follows:

Leiter: 1-3, 5 starts, 27.2 IP, 19 H, 17 R, 15 ER, 14 BB, 41K, 4.88 ERA, 94.8 average pitches per start.

Rocker: 3-2, 6 starts, 36.1 IP, 25 H, 20 R, 19 ER, 16 BB, 54 K, 4.73 ERA, 101.5 average pitches per start.

So over their last 5 or 6 starts, both of these guys are beatable. We need a solid pitching performance, and need our offense to get it going early and often! Lets go Jackets!!!
Doesn't look like they'll be easily chased, at almost 100 pitches per start. We'll need to find success against the starter.