Nashville Regional - Vandy, Ga Tech, Indiana St, Presbyterian

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is saying it was a conspiracy. We’re just saying it’s bull****. We were the road team multiple times that regional. Either you get an advantage of being the better seed or you don’t. In regular baseball when you’re the home team, you sleep in your own bed, play in front of mostly your own fans, use your own locker room, and bat last.
Literally every team will be the road team in their own regional at least once. The only way to avoid being the road team more than once is to sweep through the entire thing. It’s not regular baseball. It’s the postseason. The host site is supposed to be a neutral field. The host school has all the advantages I listed above built in. In football during the postseason the home and road teams are designated. The road team gets to call the coin flip. I guess that’s bull**** too because the road team gets to decide who gets the ball first at kickoff and in overtime. You’re acting like a child about something that’s not even an issue. But I guess that’s sorta your thing

Deleted member 2897

Literally every team will be the road team in their own regional at least once. The only way to avoid being the road team more than once is to sweep through the entire thing. It’s not regular baseball. It’s the postseason. The host site is supposed to be a neutral field. The host school has all the advantages I listed above built in. In football during the postseason the home and road teams are designated. The road team gets to call the coin flip. I guess that’s bull**** too because the road team gets to decide who gets the ball first at kickoff and in overtime. You’re acting like a child about something that’s not even an issue. But I guess that’s sorta your thing

Good, keep up with the insults. Its a good look. Sorry you're not getting the humor in all this. When we last held our regional we were the away team against Auburn and lost in the bottom of the 9th. Then we played Coastal Carolina...and you guessed it, we were the away team again. The point here is why does it have to be viewed as a neutral field - why can't you have an advantage by having the higher seed the way baseball is usually played. Its humor, its butthurt, but its also based on how the game is usually played. I'm sorry its gotten you so upset that now you're lashing out at me. Oh well. Not sure what any of this has to do with a coin flip or who gets the kickoff or second half kickoff. Football doesn't have anything to do with baseball innings. You can possess the ball in football and run out the clock if you want. 🤷‍♂️

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's GO!!!

Listening to Wiley. Grilling a steak. Life is good. (And we are home team :) )
1622825191733.png

Deleted member 2897

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hit by pitch, hit by pitch, Walk, walk, walk, wild pitch, runs runs runs. We may unfortunately have overall one of the worst pitching staffs in the top 100 teams. Pretty sad. I mean, 4 free baserunners just in the Top of the 7th alone. (n)

Dan the Chemist

Georgia Tech Fan
Here we go…as Wes Durham used to say “0 and 2 and barbecue”. What a disappointment after such a great start to the season. I guess we get Presbyterian next…and then hit the team bus for home.

Deleted member 2897

Game changed completely when they took out their ace. Let’s close them out!

And that's the downside of the quick pull. He basically had one bad exchange with a batter and got pulled (his pitch count had gotten up there, but he wasn't showing signs of wilting). In fairness, we did the same thing, quick pulling a couple pitchers when they had their big inning - we went through like 4 pitchers.