Name two

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
1. People who pronounce forte using the Italian musical pronunciation that rhymes with lay, instead of the French pronunciation for strong suit that rhymes with tort, when they mean personal strength rather than musically loud.

2. The fact that if enough people say something “incorrectly” over time the rules change.

Check out forte definitions and pronunciations...

No 100% answer as to the "strong" noun pronunciation.

Last edited:

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
1. Roundabouts

2. People that insist on chatting in the middle of the hall when they have a break room a putt away.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Roundabouts are great especially if you have experiences having to wait through multiple traffic light cycles for 6 out of 10 cars in front of you wanting to make a left turn. With the traffic circle you are through the intersection in the equivalent of less than 2 cycles, vs. 6 cycles with the traffic light... just sayin'

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Roundabouts are great especially if you have experiences having to wait through multiple traffic light cycles for 6 out of 10 cars in front of you wanting to make a left turn. With the traffic circle you are through the intersection in the equivalent of less than 2 cycles, vs. 6 cycles with the traffic light... just sayin'
But to any aspiring traffic engineers here, please don’t try to shove these things into less than a square acre. Anything smaller is a dysfunctional 4-way stop.
:)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yea, I should've been more detailed. I actually like them, but there's so many drivers that have no clue how to use them.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Some of those small ones are ridiculous for sure.
There is a fairly new one by Emory that is the worst attempt I've ever seen. Was previously a two lane road with stop signs either side for the neighborhood cross traffic, but they made no attempt to widen the road or anything, just put a small brick island in the center of the two lanes that sticks up maybe an inch higher than the original road surface. At least 1/4 of drivers who approach the intersection don't slow down or even realize it's supposed to be a roundabout and drive straight over the bricks to continue on their way.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There is a fairly new one by Emory that is the worst attempt I've ever seen. Was previously a two lane road with stop signs either side for the neighborhood cross traffic, but they made no attempt to widen the road or anything, just put a small brick island in the center of the two lanes that sticks up maybe an inch higher than the original road surface. At least 1/4 of drivers who approach the intersection don't slow down or even realize it's supposed to be a roundabout and drive straight over the bricks to continue on their way.
Yeah, that’s near my old neighborhood stomping grounds. It’s an aesthetic attempt rather than a practical attempt.

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
1) I hate those noisy obnoxious Dodge Chargers that the street racing idiots speed around in at all hours. Get a decent muffler you morons.
2) People who try to barge onto an elevator before allowing the passengers to get off first.