My way too early, possibly problematic look at potential GT Hoops roster management

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
A line has been drawn in the sand.
1712326787561.gif

slugboy

Staff member
I really hope he gets his GT degree. He has been a good contributor to the program.
It may have changed, but you used to be able to transfer credits from another school back to GT to finish your degree.

It might not be possible as a transfer athlete, since their “intent” on the transfer is to be at another school.

wendajohnson

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ve found all the posts and comments to be quite engaging. While some can be quite severe and even judgmental, it’s just the nature of the discourse. As a non-basketball player (though I do relish a peaceful round of golf), I refrain from criticism. The sheer magnitude of responsibilities an athlete must shoulder is beyond my comprehension; balancing academics, practice schedules, games (both home and away), family commitments, community involvement, and dealing with the scrutiny of those quick to pass judgment on their skills or lack thereof. These remarkable young individuals are navigating challenges such as being far from home, language barriers, potential financial constraints, decision-making, daunting coursework, and so much more. It’s truly overwhelming to contemplate.
However, I’ve noticed a shining beacon within GMBB. The mothers and other relatives form a tightly knit support system. They are the adhesive that binds the young men together, providing constant encouragement. I’ve witnessed them not only nurturing their own sons but also extending that care to those whose families couldn’t attend the games. Mothers have a knack for making everything better, regardless of the game’s outcome. I remember instances during away games where certain mothers stepped in, and it was hard to tell if the player being comforted and encouraged was their own or someone else’s. The players didn’t seem to mind. A mother’s hug and words of encouragement like “You’ll get them next time” can go a long way when you’re feeling down. I know they share meals, coordinate travel plans, and pray together. I hope that the next group of relatives for any upcoming season will experience this same camaraderie and enjoy the spirit of competition, graciousness, safety, and health with their athlete sons and daughters. I pray for kind words to inspire others to keep striving. After all, everyone deserves a break…especially when it’s you or your child.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I’ve found all the posts and comments to be quite engaging. While some can be quite severe and even judgmental, it’s just the nature of the discourse. As a non-basketball player (though I do relish a peaceful round of golf), I refrain from criticism. The sheer magnitude of responsibilities an athlete must shoulder is beyond my comprehension; balancing academics, practice schedules, games (both home and away), family commitments, community involvement, and dealing with the scrutiny of those quick to pass judgment on their skills or lack thereof. These remarkable young individuals are navigating challenges such as being far from home, language barriers, potential financial constraints, decision-making, daunting coursework, and so much more. It’s truly overwhelming to contemplate.
However, I’ve noticed a shining beacon within GMBB. The mothers and other relatives form a tightly knit support system. They are the adhesive that binds the young men together, providing constant encouragement. I’ve witnessed them not only nurturing their own sons but also extending that care to those whose families couldn’t attend the games. Mothers have a knack for making everything better, regardless of the game’s outcome. I remember instances during away games where certain mothers stepped in, and it was hard to tell if the player being comforted and encouraged was their own or someone else’s. The players didn’t seem to mind. A mother’s hug and words of encouragement like “You’ll get them next time” can go a long way when you’re feeling down. I know they share meals, coordinate travel plans, and pray together. I hope that the next group of relatives for any upcoming season will experience this same camaraderie and enjoy the spirit of competition, graciousness, safety, and health with their athlete sons and daughters. I pray for kind words to inspire others to keep striving. After all, everyone deserves a break…especially when it’s you or your child.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Love it

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
That is a pretty awesome 1st post! Thanks so much!

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as he doesn’t sign with agent, he can return?
1. Hope Miles comes back. I think he may have limited scoring, but his overall percentages could really jump.
2. From my view, I don’t think he’d be drafted. Invited to a NBA camp, FOR SURE. His current limited-space ball handling, lack of ability to drive both directions equally strong, and few counter moves when cut off on drives all limit him to a spot-up shooter, and this past season he was not a consistent marksman against college defenders.
3. Seems like this may tie up his scholly in limbo, limiting our initial pursuit of quality transfers.
Hope he and CDS have an agreement/lean that he’s coming back after getting feedback.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
As long as he doesn’t sign with agent, he can return?
1. Hope Miles comes back. I think he may have limited scoring, but his overall percentages could really jump.
2. From my view, I don’t think he’d be drafted. Invited to a NBA camp, FOR SURE. His current limited-space ball handling, lack of ability to drive both directions equally strong, and few counter moves when cut off on drives all limit him to a spot-up shooter, and this past season he was not a consistent marksman against college defenders.
3. Seems like this may tie up his scholly in limbo, limiting our initial pursuit of quality transfers.
Hope he and CDS have an agreement/lean that he’s coming back after getting feedback.
He can sign with an NCAA approved agent. If he wants to return to school he has to cancel the agreement.

He can return to college if he withdraws by May 29th and cancels any agents agreements.

I believe undrafted players can also return, though I am unsure how any agent agreements work in that scenario.

I don't expect him to be drafted.