My breakout player this year

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
If White does not have a good yr our pass Def will hurt greatly.He is BY FAR our best 1 v 1 CB and the key going to 4-2-5.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't know where all these Snoddy fans came from but I've never been impressed. I hope he does do good but it will definitely come out of nowhere.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't know where all these Snoddy fans came from but I've never been impressed. I hope he does do good but it will definitely come out of nowhere.

That's what "breakout player" implies. Seriously, I think Snoddy's shown some good lateral quickness to avoid tacklers as well as break-out speed. His biggest problem has been consistency, imo. GT's biggest problem has been getting him into space. There have been some decent comments about him from CPJ this Spring.

That's what "breakout player" implies. Seriously, I think Snoddy's shown some good lateral quickness to avoid tacklers as well as break-out speed. His biggest problem has been consistency, imo. GT's biggest problem has been getting him into space. There have been some decent comments about him from CPJ this Spring.
I cannot recall any attempts to get him out into space. Do we have a screen pass in our repetoire? I know he has hands issues, but that route that Laskey has had success on--sort of a wheel route, about 20 yards deep--seems like it would be perfect for him.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I cannot recall any attempts to get him out into space. Do we have a screen pass in our repetoire? I know he has hands issues, but that route that Laskey has had success on--sort of a wheel route, about 20 yards deep--seems like it would be perfect for him.
we ran a quick screen in last yrs Spring game for him, I believe he dropped it-but I think he had broken finger or something wrong in his def

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sniffy had to great plays last your out if the diamond formation.

His kickoff return was not great due to hesitation and trying to reverse the field.

If Snoddy runs full out with no hesitation he will do fine. If he over thinks and hesitates or reverses, he will have issues.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

We have a double option (QB and B-Back) with the play side A-back blocking contain and the motion A-back blocking out a DB, leaving the remaining LB or DB as a pitch key. This play often results in open space for the B-Back to receive a pitch. We ran it a lot for Dwyer and Allen, 2008-2010, but not so much in 2011 and 2012. We ran it again a fair bit this past year for both Sims and Laskey. I think we ran it with Snoddy against Syracuse.