1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

My breakout player this year

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

I posted a week or so ago on Twitter that my breakout player this year is..Tyler Marcordes. I am extremely confident in this pick.

2. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

I’ve got JHD. Partly because I think the defensive scheme will make him a focal point.

ChasonBaller likes this.
  3. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Travis Custis

4. thwgjacket

thwgjacket Guest

5. 00Burdell

00Burdell Helluva Engineer

I'm going with Kallon. I've read all the reports and weighed in but I have a slight hunch that his inner warrior wakes up between now and August.

Sean and IronJacket7 like this.
  6. danny daniel

danny daniel Helluva Engineer

7. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I hope all of you are correct. Think about what the results would be if all the folks above had a monster year.

Essobee, augustabuzz and bat_082994 like this.
  8. wingsrlevel

wingsrlevel Ramblin' Wreck

Laskey/offense Nealy/defense

danny daniel likes this.
  9. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Dennis Andrews / Offense
    Tyler Marcordes / Defense
    Myles Autry / Special Teams

10. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

11. vamosjackets

vamosjackets GT Athlete Featured Member

You might be naming the MVP's rather than the breakout player. Breakout means coming out of nowhere, not having contributed much in the past.

IronJacket7 and Eric like this.
  12. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

This year feels a lot like 2008, not sure what to expect. Not saying we have the talent now we did then, but I was certain going into that season with the system change our bowl streak was over. I'll go with Snoddy. If WRs give him a seam on the outside he's gone

CornerBlitz likes this.
  13. Jean-Baptiste Rochambeau

Jean-Baptiste Rochambeau Banned

A good selection, however, I'm going with Charles Perkins. Maybe he gets a sense of urgency that translates to big things on the field this fall.

14. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

I agree it's tough to get a read on what to really expect this year. Since my perennial A. Williams selection won't make sense this year, I'll go with Commissiong (no idea if I spelled that right) and hope I'm not jinxing him the way I jinxed Williams.

15. Josh H

Josh H Helluva Engineer

Offense: Justin Thomas, I'm renewing my season tickets in the hopes of getting to watch the Justin Thomas show
    Defense: DJ White - He played great coverage in 1v1 vs. Clemson last year, just some absolutely perfect passes. Hopefully he takes the next step.

SouthernJacket likes this.
  16. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

I've been high on Marcordes for a while. I hope to see him in the Attaochou DE/OLB hybrid role. That guy has a lot of position flexibility because of his size and speed. I think he's starting to get comfortable in his frame and added weight. Remember, the guy got a substantial growth spurt his senior year in HS...and that was what finally made the coaches offer him.

17. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

I say White, Nealy, Marcordes, and Keshun Freeman all break out

18. franklinjacket

franklinjacket Ramblin' Wreck

For the sake of the season, we need a QB to breakout. I don't care which. On defense I believe the most likely to break out is White or Marcordes. Personally I'm hoping that Darius becomes the man next to Gostis which will make everyone's job behind them easier.

19. ChasonBaller

ChasonBaller on Pastner Polo watch Staff Member

Nealy, he is going to be determined and on his best game. He has already showed a lot in spring ball and knows that this year is the most important year in his young life so far. I think he has his eyes on the money and is primed for a HUGE year.

20. BUZZ NATION

BUZZ NATION Ramblin' Wreck

Tyler Marcordes.