MSU Defense

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I am not saying I am picking against Tech.

I just don't see us putting up our average of 37 PPG and 468 yards a game...I hope like hell I am wrong and we double all of those stats.

JMO that for a Tech win we need to hold Miss St to somewhere in the low 20's.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer

I just don't see us putting up our average of 37 PPG and 468 yards a game...I hope like hell I am wrong and we double all of those stats.

No FBS team has scored more than 31 against MSU so your concerns are justified. But I have yet to find a stat that can explain their defense. On paper, they don't do anything particularly well - including redzone defense. Nothing stands out about their D but everyone agrees its a solid D.

I keep going back to the 2009 game against MSU at BDS. We scored on the first play of the game (80 yard run on a rocket toss) and never looked back. And I am somewhat encouraged by the absence of their DC. There's a decent shot we break mid 30s but I agree with the other posters who think we need +2 in the TO dept to get the W.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
No FBS team has scored more than 31 against MSU so your concerns are justified. But I have yet to find a stat that can explain their defense. On paper, they don't do anything particularly well - including redzone defense. Nothing stands out about their D but everyone agrees its a solid D.

I keep going back to the 2009 game against MSU at BDS. We scored on the first play of the game (80 yard run on a rocket toss) and never looked back. And I am somewhat encouraged by the absence of their DC. There's a decent shot we break mid 30s but I agree with the other posters who think we need +2 in the TO dept to get the W.

I just worry about the front 7...Really just the front 4 and McKinney.

Losing the DC has to help us.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

I know that you are not saying that. I also am not saying that, but I could not pick us (because I would jinx us for sure), but realize I am a negative nellie from way back. :)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our O-Line didn't play too well against Clemson.

Smelter is a HUGE loss for us IMO...We seen that in the FSU game. Smelter saved us a ton of times in the Clemson game as well.

Agree Smelter is a huge loss but I think we can still get the job done passing when we need to.

As for Clemson...maybe I need to watch that game again but I don't recall the Oline play being bad. We didn't dominate them but I recall them holding their own against that Dline.

We will soon see how this matchup goes.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Yes!

42 and it's not even the fourth.

Foot all the way in my mouth.

CPJ made a simple blocking tweak and the OL is DOMINATING. I couldn't have been more wrong! So glad I was.

OL, the whole offense and JT is killing it! Best crow I've ever had!!

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
If MSU gives up only 3.69 per rush on average, we are in deep kim-chee. We need to average over 5 to have a good game. I think we will be able to run on them, just as we have against everybody, but it will be some tough sledding along the way. Hitting the occasional big pass would be a huge help.
8+ worked out pretty well tonight

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Great job by the guys coming out playing like they're capable of and taking it to them. Great effort and win. Best offensive performance of the year by far. Great seeing what we're capable of.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Yes!

CPJ made a simple blocking tweak and the OL is DOMINATING. I couldn't have been more wrong! So glad I was.

Your foot may be in your mouth but I bet your mouth has a huge grin on it! Thanks for all you do Eric and have a wonderful NewYear!

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Yes!

This forum needs a crow picture.

There is a penguin: :penguin:

And, a pigeon: :pigeon:

But they just don't cut it! ;)

/