Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
you guys gonna stop riding CPJ and move on? Are you all as thin-skinned as Johnson and still have your panties in a bunch about the greatest transformation in modern college football? Geez
Not sure what you're talking about. Jacketup brought up CPJ, not me. My point was that the offense is only 1 phase of the game and the other phases have been equally poor. Seems to me I'm not the one with my "panties in a bunch".

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Why would he need "leverage" to make changes? Just tell Geoff we're going to fire x, y, and z, and bring in a, b, and c. What's he going to do about it? Quit? Well, bye.
Then it's no longer on Collins. Even the most competent managers are careful not to cut their underlings off at the knees. Unless they want to do the job themselves and I don't see TStan wanting to put on a headset.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Then it's no longer on Collins. Even the most competent managers are careful not to cut their underlings off at the knees. Unless they want to do the job themselves and I don't see TStan wanting to put on a headset.
It never was just on Collins. TStan hired him, it's his baby. This is his one and only chance to fix it. Surely you don't think Collins had the idea to hire a hard *** as his OC. That was TStan's hiring all the way. Collins has already cut himself off at the knees with his incompetence.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It never was just on Collins. TStan hired him, it's his baby. This is his one and only chance to fix it. Surely you don't think Collins had the idea to hire a hard *** as his OC. That was TStan's hiring all the way. Collins has already cut himself off at the knees with his incompetence.
It's hard to say. TStan said that once GTAA had a significant amount of legacy cost handled, they would have a lot more opportunity. I took that to read, "we will upgrade our staff." I mean, the assistants were not the most experienced and given the need to flip the roster, why pay top dollar for 3 years if you don't have to? At the other end, is Homer Rice and hiring O'Leary to back up L*&wis. Perhaps that is what TStan is doing? Who knows.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
There is still time to vote on how many pages the “Fire Geoff” thread will have before it dies a natural death and slips into oblivion. I am thinking it could run well into the next coach’s tenure, hopefully, only as a really bad reminder of a truly painful lesson learned.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
There is still time to vote on how many pages the “Fire Geoff” thread will have before it dies a natural death and slips into oblivion. I am thinking it could run well into the next coach’s tenure, hopefully, only as a really bad reminder of a truly painful lesson learned.
It will either end next October, or go on for 7 years.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
It's hard to say. TStan said that once GTAA had a significant amount of legacy cost handled, they would have a lot more opportunity. I took that to read, "we will upgrade our staff." I mean, the assistants were not the most experienced and given the need to flip the roster, why pay top dollar for 3 years if you don't have to? At the other end, is Homer Rice and hiring O'Leary to back up L*&wis. Perhaps that is what TStan is doing? Who knows.
This does make some sense to save money for 3 years to flip the roster, but Coach Choice leaving makes me wonder. I think Tstan would be in Choice's ear to keep him if this were true. But who knows??

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I am reminded of the probably apocryphal story of the football coach beaten so badly he hustled his team to the locker room and demanded the doors be locked, else "They will follow us in here." It might have been impossible to know how really bad Collins would be, but certainly not to see his basic incompetence. so this will last awhile.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

I think Collin’s means well and if really gets his ish together, he might get us to a bowl game. I appreciate the effort he puts into getting talent to Tech, that’s a tall task. Unfortunately, when his teams motto was “WIN21” last year, this should have been where his head was at. I think he’ll be a year too late. I really hope I’m wrong tho.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Lots of interesting tidbits coming from the presser today.
Admission that the branding and marketing needs to take a step back

Collins working on the D

Two more big positions to be filled in the coming weeks. No word of what positions

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Lots of interesting tidbits coming from the presser today.
Admission that the branding and marketing needs to take a step back

Collins working on the D

Two more big positions to be filled in the coming weeks. No word of what positions
We had a presser? Link?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On Knights data base for college athletics , it shows we recently increased or long term interest only loan. FROM 225,000,000 TO 385,000,000

What did we get for this.?