Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Jmonty71

Banned
Will Collins even make it through next season? Serious question. With games like Clemson, Ole Miss, UCF and FSU to start the season... I see us beating Western Carolina and Duke... But, after a 2-5 start, then what??? We get more crap or is he fired, at that point?? The more I look at next year's scheudle, the more I see another 3 win, maybe 4 win season. I don't have the optomism that some have... So, someone explain why he would be allowed to even finish the year....

JacketFan137

Banned
Will Collins even make it through next season? Serious question. With games like Clemson, Ole Miss, UCF and FSU to start the season... I see us beating Western Carolina and Duke... But, after a 2-5 start, then what??? We get more crap or is he fired, at that point?? The more I look at next year's scheudle, the more I see another 3 win, maybe 4 win season. I don't have the optomism that some have... So, someone explain why he would be allowed to even finish the year....
tech does not have SEC money where we can be firing and hiring coaches mid season constantly. it was bad enough having 3 basketball coaches on the payroll lol

barring something off the field i would imagine collins lasts through the season

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Lots of interesting tidbits coming from the presser today.
Admission that the branding and marketing needs to take a step back

Collins working on the D

Two more big positions to be filled in the coming weeks. No word of what positions
The problem is that the branding and marketing don’t need to take a step back, it’s just the other stuff needs to take a step forward. I could agree that Collins needs to focus less on branding and marketing himself, though, and have other staff at Georgia Tech worry about that.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
It serves a purpose for some to blow off steam. Not completely useless.
but it hurts current coaches and the team as well as recruits and transfers to continuously blow off steam. nothing is going to change until the end of next season. Everyone knows Collins needs to show significant improvement to stay around. Let's see how the season starts and then restart this if appropriate.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
The problem is that the branding and marketing don’t need to take a step back, it’s just the other stuff needs to take a step forward. I could agree that Collins needs to focus less on branding and marketing himself, though, and have other staff at Georgia Tech worry about that.
I agree with this to a point, but I think Collins is worried that if he keeps pushing his culture the same way as he has in previous years that he is going to lose the fan base entirely. We have all (most of us anyways) already come to the conclusion that his pressers are usually meaningless and filled with flat platitudes that make normal coach speak seem insightful and, while our social media presence has improved greatly, it will not help us recruit as much as a winning season next year. If I am understanding what I am hearing regarding the presser today, Collins is changing course and focusing on results on the field. No doubt this is partly motivated by self-preservation but imo is also the correct course. Give CGC credit where credit is due, if he is truly being insightful and learing from his previous mistakes, we can all be happy given the circumstances. Changing your approach to things is not always easy.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with this to a point, but I think Collins is worried that if he keeps pushing his culture the same way as he has in previous years that he is going to lose the fan base entirely. We have all (most of us anyways) already come to the conclusion that his pressers are usually meaningless and filled with flat platitudes that make normal coach speak seem insightful and, while our social media presence has improved greatly, it will not help us recruit as much as a winning season next year. If I am understanding what I am hearing regarding the presser today, Collins is changing course and focusing on results on the field. No doubt this is partly motivated by self-preservation but imo is also the correct course. Give CGC credit where credit is due, if he is truly being insightful and learing from his previous mistakes, we can all be happy given the circumstances. Changing your approach to things is not always easy.
I’m just completely shocked how tone deaf he is…

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
2 wins or less = burned in effigy
3 or 4 wins = tarred and feathered
5 wins = ride out of town on a rail
6 or more wins = lives to fight another day