Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Yea the entire East was red save for some empty gold chair backs in the center that uga couldn’t get their hands on. 😂

View from the West.

Attachments

• 1C2BCC40-13C2-430F-87D1-8F53ADF69A80.jpeg
    1C2BCC40-13C2-430F-87D1-8F53ADF69A80.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 104

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
post game radio, brief interview w GC, he said he was meeting recruits tomorrow and then traveling next week recruiting. Some of you will not get your wish, I don’t think he’s leaving GT at this point.

But, the interviewer did not ask about the status of other staff.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
No matter what we might think of him as a coach, if he were to just walk away from that kind of money he would be certifiably insane. He will coach again no matter how things play out here. They all do. But first and foremost we go to work to take care of our families and he has one to take care of as well.
I think if he left now, somebody might believe that this is all CPJ’s fault. A losing season again next year with mostly his personnel and recruits will mean that this is 100% on him. I think it would be harder for him to get another HC job if he fails next year.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
He also said he was meeting with staff to “evaluate the future”. People are getting canned even if he isn’t.
Let's hope Thacker and Patenaude get canned before tomorrow. We desperately need new coordinators. I don't mind Collins, is he in over his head? Yes I think so, but I think he's a great recruiter which we need in my opinion. So I am hoping if we get a good OC and DC we can become a winning football team again we have too much talent being wasted.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, blood letting of underlings. But, honestly, who is he going to get that wants to tie their career to this train heading off the cliff?
Someone that wants to make $1.5m next year. If we don’t pay coordinators close to that we aren’t even trying and are just waiting to fire him.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Let's hope Thacker and Patenaude get canned before tomorrow. We desperately need new coordinators. I don't mind Collins, is he in over his head? Yes I think so, but I think he's a great recruiter which we need in my opinion. So I am hoping if we get a good OC and DC we can become a winning football team again we have too much talent being wasted.
He is a decent recruiter. If he were an "elite" recruiter then we would be top 25 or better. We really don't know what another HC would do recruiting wise when not a 3O coach which is totally out of favor these days.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Someone that wants to make $1.5m next year. If we don’t pay coordinators close to that we aren’t even trying and are just waiting to fire him.
Well, I agree we willget someone at that price, if that is possible, but does that mean Key is gone as well? He only makes 600K. We won’t get a proven OC or DC that will risk their career, but maybe someone trying to either ressurect their career or get their first big break into P5. Still think highly unlikely to change the trajectory of this show. This is a head coach/leadership issue, in my opinion.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think if he left now, somebody might believe that this is all CPJ’s fault. A losing season again next year with mostly his personnel and recruits will mean that this is 100% on him. I think it would be harder for him to get another HC job if he fails next year.

You think if he left now he would be up for another HC job?? I don't see it. Plus the money that is on the table would evaporate. For CGC, the smart play is to stay and fix it. Or get a buyout. He is not leaving here on his own accord though. Wouldn't make any sense.