Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is partially sarcasm, but if the fanbase is as bad as you guys portray it, maybe we should drop back to G5 or DII. Why should GT continue fighting for something its donors (all those "old dudes") don't actually care about?

Also, when I look at the faces of the students in the crowd I see a lot of Asian-looking faces. Are they future donors? I do not know. Nor, do I know how many international students follow GT sports. Trashing fellow students and grads is not very productive or satisfying.

My serious feelings about this (as one of the old dudes) is that you younger fans need to step up to the plate however you can. It is easy to complain about the program, but making an effort to change the things you dislike is much harder. If you are not already a donor, here is a link I recommend to you. It's safe.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Urban Meyer would be a glorious bon fire that gradually consumes all the buildings around them until they are nothing but ash on the ground.

I'm in...

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
We need people to buy season tickets. A boycott to show no vote of confidence in Geoff Collins is not going to help the program in the long run. The next coach and future players are going to want to see fan support and revenue.
He has one year to show noticeable improvement, IMO. If it's not at least 5 wins, he doesn't deserve another year. 4 teams have first year coaches plus Western Carolina.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
We need people to buy season tickets. A boycott to show no vote of confidence in Geoff Collins is not going to help the program in the long run. The next coach and future players are going to want to see fan support and revenue.
Maybe Stansbury shouldn't have doubled down and retained a highly unpopular coach? Why are we as fans responsible for continuing to fork over money for goods we've made it clear we don't want?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Question for Admins/Moderators (serious question): Is it possible to "Ignore" a whole thread. I'm fine with people who want to wallow in their frustration in this thread, but I really wish I didn't see it at the top of the list every time I come on the board. Is there a way other than to mentally ignore it to just make it go away for me?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'm at a point where I've realized this whole "fire Collins " thing in the long run isn't going to help the program.

Look we're all frustrated with him right now, and most of us cant swallow sitting in the stands watching what we saw this year or continuing to listen to his pressers.

But the reality is the team needs us. Hearing how disappointed some of the players were at looking at the stands during the UGA game should be a sign that we need to rally somehow around the team and support them

Recruits see exactly what's going on with our fan base and how vulgar some fans are right now and I would think that's a turn off

Collins is here next year like it or not and so is tstan. Whether things improve or not is yet to be known. All we can control now is how we rally and support the players and maybe that brings better results, who knows . We have no control over the staff , so bitching at this point won't change things

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Question for Admins/Moderators (serious question): Is it possible to "Ignore" a whole thread. I'm fine with people who want to wallow in their frustration in this thread, but I really wish I didn't see it at the top of the list every time I come on the board. Is there a way other than to mentally ignore it to just make it go away for me?
Agree 100%. We're helping to kill the program, not just the coaches and AT.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Stansbury shouldn't have doubled down and retained a highly unpopular coach? Why are we as fans responsible for continuing to fork over money for goods we've made it clear we don't want?
Believe this...I am no fan of Collins or Stansbury, but we've got to continue to support the football program. If Collins pulls off another stinker, the next coach and AD are going to want to see support. That includes future recruits. Collins and Stansbury are just employees of the program. It's our program, not theirs.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Just hit the "unwatch" button at upper right, I guess.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No disagreement. But keep that inside. Read the room. No one else needs to know. It’s not significant to fixing the mess he’s made
On point. If you share with the general public talk about things that matter like how you are going to fix the defense, not who had juice in the locker room or who needed a hug after the game. As several others have pointed out, he needs to read the room and quit shooting himself in the foot. People want to talk about football not the peripheral minutia of how you are trying to please the players.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
At the top of each page, on the right hand side, is an "Unwatch" button. Click that and you will no longer get notifications when posts are made to that thread. Mods cannot exercise this feature or I would have already banged that puppy with a heavy hammer.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'm all for some sort of AI that can sniff out the snark (both original and repetitive, especially the repetitive versions) and dump into its own thread where the snarks can hang out with themselves.