Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

RabidJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, the historical Dark Ages lasted approximately 500 yrs. Hopefully, ours will last a MUCH shorter time-LOL. But be aware when the new rebuild starts it's going to take SEVERAL years to become relevant again. This whole thing has been a nightmare. Bottom line is that Tstan is to blame--PERIOD.

pcctlw

Georgia Tech Fan
Big loss for GT. CTC may be too early for HC but Dabo was a wide receiver position coach when promoted to head coach. A shock to many when Dabo was promoted. Only coach showing emotion on the sidelines and I truly believe losing was a big deal for him. Too much cheerleading and not enough coaching from the others. Maybe something will turn but not counting on it.

slugboy

Staff member
Big loss for GT. CTC may be too early for HC but Dabo was a wide receiver position coach when promoted to head coach. A shock to many when Dabo was promoted. Only coach showing emotion on the sidelines and I truly believe losing was a big deal for him. Too much cheerleading and not enough coaching from the others. Maybe something will turn but not counting on it.
It’s not hard to find other coaches showing emotion on the sideline.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
The timing of CTC’s departure isn’t great with how thin the running back room is. As much as I hate losing CTC (I hope he comes back later in his career), there a bigger items and positions for Collins to solve to salvage his time at Tech.

slugboy

Staff member
YES--but without the snakeshow and magic elixir.

Is Marco Coleman one of the coaches you're calling out here? The original poster said that only Choice showed emotion on the sidelines. If you think a single one of our coaches is a decent, caring coach then the original post and those comments are indefensible. You're tarring every coach with that comment.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I feel like this is our Groundhog Day thread. It's the same posts being offered over and over. It will soon be 300 pages and Collins is still the HC. Nothing posted here will change that.
That is absolutely true. Look at this thread like a pressure relief valve. It lets people blow off steam here so some semi-sane conversations can be had elsewhere... :)

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
When I was saying at the beginning of the year that he is running out of runway and he really needs 5-6 wins to extend it, sadly this is what all I was talking about. I got a lot of push back about how he needs more time and you cant develop an OL and DL in such a short window. But his realistic time was 3 years (Just like any other place) to show real progress and he completely blew it with exclamation points in the final 2 losses

The amount of damage this hire has caused is huge and continues to get worse. He could have pulled it off. Now that Choice has gone, this hurts even more. Our only hope is he can hold the rest of this class together and the OC can be a real coach and actually coach the players up like our basketball coaches do. Can CGC actually help the defense? I doubt it.

If we ever want to be top 5 team in the country then yes it is all about recruiting.

But today to just be relevant
1. its ALL about coaching, coaching coaching!!!!!!!
2. Having a scheme or personality that gives us some kind of advantage
3. Being able to coach to that scheme.
4. Recruit to best fit said scheme what ever it is.

it is NOT about our recruiting class ranking. It makes me sad how many on here just dont get this.

I will support the team next year and hope CGC can learn from his HUGE mistakes.

slugboy

Staff member
I agree, but those are slugboy's aisles.
ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

200.gif