Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to be rude but our secondary is horrible, offensive line is horrible and defensive line is horrible. We just let the worst team in the Mac beat us at home. There is no excuse for that. Citadel was an option team with Collins a first year coach. I have had to listen to his bs coach speak for 3 years to lose to the worst team in fbs. Dude needs to be gone asap
Worst loss of this era? Hard to say. Clemson was bad to be sure and embarrassing to boot. The thing about comparing this one to the Citadel is that Northern Illinois clearly has more talent and is more physical than the Citadel was and we looked much worse in that game IMHO. If Jeff is going to be out for an extended stretch I would find a way to run more option plays with Yates. He makes quick decisions, has good feet, and pitches the ball cleanly and on time. The one thing he cannot do is throw the ball deep consistently. He was very accurate much of the time with short and medium passes. The biggest problem to me is the defensive line. No pressure on the quarterback and once again we let a unheralded running back look like the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Worst loss of this era? Hard to say. Clemson was bad to be sure and embarrassing to boot. The thing about comparing this one to the Citadel is that Northern Illinois clearly has more talent and is more physical than the Citadel was and we looked much worse in that game IMHO. If Jeff is going to be out for an extended stretch I would find a way to run more option plays with Yates. He makes quick decisions, has good feet, and pitches the ball cleanly and on time. The one thing he cannot do is throw the ball deep consistently. He was very accurate much of the time with short and medium passes. The biggest problem to me is the defensive line. No pressure on the quarterback and once again we let a unheralded running back look like the second coming of Barry Sanders.
I think Clemson last year was. The had their punter playing quarterback and were moving the ball

Keck

Georgia Tech Fan
While we won’t cause we don’t have the money I hate this take that it’s one game. Sure it’s one game this season, but it ain’t like the coaching staff has shown signs of GT academic brilliance in their other coaching seasons on the flats.
They only had 9 months to prepare for this game, understandable!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I hate this, I really do. I've donated for years and bought season tix. For years. But based on tonights lack of performance, I don't think we win a game this season. It's the same culture BS. Everyone is happy, but one one is winning. That's not a good recipe for a team. Winning isn't some thing. It's the only thing. I'm tired of Money Down, the dancing, the funky kickoff BS. Just excel at doing the basics. Just the basics.
yeah, what gives with the elephant trunk swing pantomime before kickoffs?

GTMarine

GT Athlete
I hate this, I really do. I've donated for years and bought season tix. For years. But based on tonights lack of performance, I don't think we win a game this season. It's the same culture BS. Everyone is happy, but one one is winning. That's not a good recipe for a team. Winning isn't some thing. It's the only thing. I'm tired of Money Down, the dancing, the funky kickoff BS. Just excel at doing the basics. Just the basics.
I don’t think culture is BS but wins are what transitions the “culture” to a “winning culture.” Elite 4 and 5 star recruits want to win and develop. It’s still week 1 of year 3 but development and performance need to be better. The only good news is I don’t think these guys like to lose but the rest of the season will matter. They have to make plays and play fundamental football. I agree they need to get back to basics of blocking and tackling.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think you are not seeing the same problem. Collins was brought in because he is supposedly a defensive mastermind but under his lead we have yet to have a dominant defensive performance. Even tonight we had their receivers making big plays over our so call “solid,” “veteran” secondary. Yates easily beats out Sims but it doesn’t matter because the defense is garbage with more missed tackles than almost any school in the conference. That’s coaching. Get ready next week for a loss to Kennasaw state. They have more play makers than us.
Well, my point was that Collins, like Chan, seems to have put all his chips on Sims. Personally, I would tweak the offense a bit to run more, more option type plays that Yates is comfortable with executing. Yates biggest drawback seems to be throwing the ball deep but he makes quick decisions and is accurate with short and medium passes. I don't know what to do about the defense. The line is just about as bad as it was last year.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The team is better than what we saw tonight. It happens. I can accept that and move on as much as it hurts. We need to hire some experience to help Geoff. Geoff cannot manage a game clock. This is fixable. Hire him a consultant to help him critically evaluate the team and coach him. Let him do his hype/swag/waffle house thing. He is good at it, but he needs an experienced mentor to help him get to the level of a P5 coach.

OldGoldBee

Georgia Tech Fan
I have been following GT football since 1958, I have witnessed many highs and many lows
as a GT fan. I don't have many years left to pull for the Old Gold & White. I used to attend all home games, and some away games but because of my age and health issues, I am no longer able to be at GT's home games. I thought I had seen it all when BL was here as our head coach, but this guy we have here now is in over his head. It was a red flag to me when he was hired that he had been a Head Coach, once and for a short time at Temple and he never stayed any length of time as an assistant coach at the various schools he coached at. Hype and swag does not win football games. I don't believe the GTAA can afford another buyout, so unfortunately I guess we are stuck with this guy.
THWG!!!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Collins will not be fired this year and probably not next either regardless of results. TStan could force him to make some coaching changes. We may lose some of the better ones anyway if they become too frustrated with losing. Things just aren't working for this staff. We will be fortunate to win 3 games this year. I just hope we can keep our best players like Gibbs from transferring.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You forgot we made a no-name receiver look like megatron, too.