Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you are not seeing the same problem. Collins was brought in because he is supposedly a defensive mastermind but under his lead we have yet to have a dominant defensive performance. Even tonight we had their receivers making big plays over our so call “solid,” “veteran” secondary. Yates easily beats out Sims but it doesn’t matter because the defense is garbage with more missed tackles than almost any school in the conference. That’s coaching. Get ready next week for a loss to Kennasaw state. They have more play makers than
I love our safeties as people but they are linebackers and shouldn’t be playing safety in P5 imo

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Had we stayed the course, we would have remained a completive team into the future...instead of maybe winning 10 games in three years.
Dear Paul .. I know now how much I loved you even if I couldn't express it. I was so confused. It's only now, after we have broken up, that I realize how lucky I was to have you. I don't deserve you. Please accept these flowers as an example of my love for you. Please call me and let's have lunch. I miss you. - TStan

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey everyone, there is a positive to come out of this game. This is the most unified a thread has been in a loooooooooooooong time! Glad to be in the trenches with all of you.

Speaking of trenches, Collins tenure has kinda played out like WWI. 3 years ago, we all went off to war optimistic about the future. Now we are soaking wet at the Somme baaing like sheep to the slaughter.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
How do I know that? Because he was in Atlanta today beating the crap out of a team 43-10 (on the road).... A team that is better than Northern Illinois.... with players who couldn't even get scholarship offers from Northern Illinois or Georgia Tech.... The last time Georgia Tech had a competent coach and played a crap team from the MAC, they won 63-17 and had about 600 yards of offense.... oh, and by the way, Nate Woody is at Army too and they had the #1 ranked total defense in the country last year.... He'd still be the defensive coordinator here.

Man, I feel bad for Tobias Oliver.... dude was born to run the option... then converted to some bogus system... then converted to running back... Then to receiver... then a kick returner... and is now playing defense and special teams. Dude was damn near a 1,000 yard rusher AS A BACKUP, with the starter having over 900 rushing yards that year.

QB: Tobias Oliver
AB: Dontae Smith
AB: Jahmyr Gibbs
BB: Jordan Mason
WR: Malachi Carter
WR: Adonicas Sanders
OL: Who cares they would be good

Georgia Tech had a choice... continue with it's unique identity and structure, or go out and try to join the herd... They chose to join the herd, and in doing so hired a con-man with barely any experience who went 7-6 and 8-4 at Temple.. and here he is in year 3 starting the campaign with a loss to a really bad Northern Illinois team.

Luckily they get Kennesaw State next week to stop the bleeding...

This is a 2-3 win team, at best.... and one of those has got to be Kennesaw State.
I get the Geoff hate but don’t put Gibbs on any option team dream scenario. Also, you have to remember attendance was falling under CPJ too. This loss sucks and Geoff hasn’t shown much to engender confidence moving forward but the only thing we can do is (1) donate to the GTAA to push for a change or (2) donate to the GTAA so that a change can be made should ADTS decide it’s necessary

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Who here legitimately thinks Todd Stansbury will make coaching changes after one game?

Noting that there is a difference between what you, as a fan, want an AD to do after a loss like that versus reality.

And please without personal attacks on either our AD or our coaching staff or injecting random politics in a middle of a thread dedicated to venting after a football game loss.

Animal02

Banned
Look, I was in the AD's suite when the money guys openly mocked CPJ and the crap offense he ran. Oh yeah, we won. But do we have to run that? It's embarrassing. I wonder what those guys are thinking tonight ...

Dear Paul .. I know now how much I loved you even if I couldn't express it. I was so confused. It's only now, after we have broken up, that I realize how lucky I was to have you. I don't deserve you. Please accept these flowers as an example of my love for you. Please call me and let's have lunch. I miss you. - TStan
The mods are all about protecting Collins. Already got a message....they never did that with all the harping on CPJ

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like we invent new ways to lose games. 80% of the game NIU couldn’t move the ball and we forced 7 punts to our 3 punts yet they managed the same number of TDs. We won the possession time, penalties, plays, first downs, yards, and tied on turnovers. We had so many missed opportunities in that first quarter, still are missing field goals, and still are misusing our timeouts. There is no excuse to lose this game.

Animal02

Banned
I get the Geoff hate but don’t put Gibbs on any option team dream scenario. Also, you have to remember attendance was falling under CPJ too. This loss sucks and Geoff hasn’t shown much to engender confidence moving forward but the only thing we can do is (1) donate to the GTAA to push for a change or (2) donate to the GTAA so that a change can be made should ADTS decide it’s necessary
Attendance has been falling across most football programs.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The mods are all about protecting Collins. Already got a message....they never did that with all the harping on CPJ
Does that really help? I mean, Geoff's performance is out there for all the world to see. It's their board, but hardly helpful. In fact, you can make a case that it undermines confidence in the program by propping up incompetence. But I get it. Politics.