More Defensive Coaches

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Me too, dude. Me too. But if we don’t get Key, this guy will at least probably be better than Sewak.
I’m hearing that key is still a go. We haven’t filled an OL coach, and CGC is big on this trend of using Co-coordinators. I wouldn’t worry. I’m a big fan of bringing on key, brings so much credibility to our recruiting and staff given his pedigree.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you haven't already, go read Chris Wieshan's experience on the Temple website:

https://owlsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1956&path=football

His playing experience is at WR, and he has coached TE's before (including at Notre Dame). This might be a great - hire him as the TE coach, and he can assist coaching the OL with Brent Key.

About 2 weeks ago I emailed him and sId I hope we offer and hope he comes.
I probably scared him off!
Imo
Crappy programs like temple that get better have quality coaches in ol and dl

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Wiesehan ain't Key but he ain't chopped liver either.

He successfully broke in 2 Tr FR OT' s last year earning him a Broyles nomination.

Lots of experience, too.

Hopefully, we'll get both

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
I expect Larry Knight and Jim Panagos to be announced as soon as later today. I'm hearing they are both headed here for certain barring any unforeseen circumstances

Does this move make Brent Key less likely? Are there any spots left?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This move does not make it more or less likely. It fills out the remaining spots on the defensive side of the ball

Are any of the hirings pending Temple's coaching search? The footballscoop article seems to really loosely suggest some guys could get re-hired there now that Manny Diaz and his sexy receivers gloves are back in MIA.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Are any of the hirings pending Temple's coaching search? The footballscoop article seems to really loosely suggest some guys could get re-hired there now that Manny Diaz and his sexy receivers gloves are back in MIA.
It's possible, but to my knowledge the ones I listed are not dependent on Temple's coaching hire

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Does this move make Brent Key less likely? Are there any spots left?

This move does not make it more or less likely. It fills out the remaining spots on the defensive side of the ball
For what it's worth, I just talked to the guys from FootballScoop, and they aren't hearing anything regarding Brent Key coming to Georgia Tech