More Defensive Coaches

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
On the defensive side, here are the coaches we know about. Still missing DL coach.

DC - Andrew Thacker
DL - ??
LB - Larry Knight
CB - Jeff Popovich
S - Nathan Burton

So any guesses on who it will be? He seems to hire coaches he's worked with before, so here are a few DL coaches from his stops at Temple, Miss St, UF & FIU:

Jim Panagos (current DL coach at Temple)
David Turner (current DT coach at Texas A&M)
Chris Rumph (current OLB coach at Tennessee)
Cedric Calhoun (current Assist. Strength Coach at Vandy)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
On the defensive Side, here's the coaches. Still missing official DL coach confirmation.

DC - Andrew Thacker
DL - ??
LB - Larry Knight
CB - Jeff Popovich
S - Nathan Burton

So any guesses on who it will be? He seems to hire coaches he's worked with before, so here are a few DL coaches from his stops at Temple, Miss St, UF & FIU:

Lance Thompson?

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
On the defensive side, here are the coaches we know about. Still missing DL coach.

DC - Andrew Thacker
DL - ??
LB - Larry Knight
CB - Jeff Popovich
S - Nathan Burton

Calhoun is actually the DL coach at Rice.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Time to get after it

We need to scour the market for West Coast JUCOs, that can qualify, and for Grad Transfers to fill in at critical needs

Any news about the Buffalo U QB?
With one or two exceptions, we don't do JUCOs. Their credits don't transfer (well) and/or don't match up with our curricula.

slugboy

Staff member
With one or two exceptions, we don't do JUCOs. Their credits don't transfer (well) and/or don't match up with our curricula.

I knew some really good non-athletes way back in the day who came in through JUCO, and did well and graduated nearly on time. Those students were planning on engineering at JUCO, though, and picked their courses accordingly. Even then, we rarely took a JUCO athlete.

I’m not sure how the APR math works, but I’m sure it’s hard to make things work with our admissions treating all the incoming credits as electives.

I’m impressed by who we’re bringing in (and how often are people impressed by incoming position coaches?).

On the flip side, with all the coaches who came out of here that are killing it in the NFL and elsewhere, I think we deserve a subsidy from the NFL and NCAA for our good works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
DL Coach - I’m pretty sure it will be Panagos
Basically his defensive staff coming down add one.
OL Coach - Key who’ll function as assistant HC run game coordinator.

TE coach is left.

I doubt GT will be scanning the JUCO market. May get another grad transfer for the OLine.