Mills update

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you know for fact that they were for drugs?

No, but considering his suspensions align with those laid out in the drug policy and he was never arrested, it's a safe bet. Though I do not know with 100% certainty what he was suspended for.

1st Strike = No suspension. Mills was not suspended for 1st strike.
2nd Strike = Suspension for 20% of season. Mills was suspended 2 games, roughly 20%, for his second strike.

Here's a link to the policy if anyone is interested: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3/misc_non_event/drug_alcohol_policy_0512.pdf

The suspension are laid out in subject 14.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
No, but considering his suspensions align with those laid out in the drug policy and he was never arrested, it's a safe bet. Though I do not know with 100% certainty what he was suspended for.

1st Strike = No suspension. Mills was not suspended for 1st strike.
2nd Strike = Suspension for 20% of season. Mills was suspended 2 games, roughly 20%, for his second strike.

Here's a link to the policy if anyone is interested: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3/misc_non_event/drug_alcohol_policy_0512.pdf

The suspension are laid out in subject 14.

I've read the policy but think it is bad form to be posting "safe bet" as fact which is insinuated in your rhetorical question to Sean311.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
“Dedrick hasn’t done a whole lot of things that a normal student would be in trouble for,” he said. “In fact, nothing probably. But when you’re playing, you’re held to a higher standard.”

I would assume it's not drug related from CPJ's quote above, unless he's making a bit of a stretch by saying normal students aren't drug tested.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
infraction 1 (that counted toward three strikes) occurred before season->warning
infraction 2 (that did not count toward three strikes) occurred after Ireland -> Mercer suspension
infraction 3 (that counted toward three strikes) occurred later in season -> VT/UVA suspension

He has one more chance.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
infraction 1 (that counted toward three strikes) occurred before season->warning
infraction 2 (that did not count toward three strikes) occurred after Ireland -> Mercer suspension
infraction 3 (that counted toward three strikes) occurred later in season -> VT/UVA suspension

He has one more chance.

This is also what I believe to be the case.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

He has one more chance.
So.... he overslept and missed a practice (inf 2) and did something that is completely legal in several states and more on the way...

Yeah... it's not good, but it's not punching women, raping women, yelling obscenities in public, etc, etc, etc...

If he's learned his lesson, we're good. If not, he's got bigger problems than trying to stay eligible for football.