Mike sewak

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Should've been fired 3-4 years ago. What PJ does or doesn't do with him in the offseason will tell me all I need to know about PJ moving forward.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Probably the same thing you said after the Orange Bowl, I assume?

It's definitely puzzling, I agree. I'm not sure what last year was with regards to the O Line. I'd have to go back and watch the games to understand what was going on, but I think we ran behind Shaq a LOT on the dives.

But look man, the guys had one really good year of performance on the O Line, several mediocre years, and now one atrocious year. This unit is not entirely responsible for all of our losses, but I think if they were playing better we'd have at least 3 more wins.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
clay hendrix the OL coach at Air Force play HS ball at commerce........he might want to get closer to home

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I want to be clear that I'm not advocating anyone lose his job, because I'm not qualified to make that decision. However, it would be surprising to me to see the entire staff return as is next year. I don't know if that means Sewak is the fall guy - and I don't know that he deserves to be, though the results are not promising - but the incompetence of the offense in general and the line in particular has been stunning, and that failure to has to be pointed at someone(s).

Mack

Helluva Engineer
PJ and Mike are joined at the hip.....folks forget that he caoched the line at GSU and has been with PJ just about everywhere.I have no choice but to figure out that we either did a great job last year and a bad job this year with the OL or ..........the football gods were on our side all season long.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
PJ and Mike are joined at the hip.....folks forget that he caoched the line at GSU and has been with PJ just about everywhere.I have no choice but to figure out that we either did a great job last year and a bad job this year with the OL or ..........the football gods were on our side all season long.

Yeah they've been together for a long time, and I'm sure that's part of why Sewak is still here. It can't be easy to fire a friend. But something has to change.

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone who has played or coached in this system know how much communication takes place between the AB's, WR's, and OT's concerning assignments? There seems to be a lot of confusion and missed assignments and I'm wondering what the cause is.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our run blocking was good last year. Our pass blocking was bad last year. This year our run blocking is inconsistent and not good and our pass pro is putrid. I don't know why the pass pro is so bad. Is part of it scheme? Maybe somewhat but I don't recall it being so bad in the Nesbitt and Washington years; maybe I'm not recalling it accurately.

So what gives? I don't know. The results aren't good this year. If Gods gift to line coaching was in charge but got these results fans would want him fired. Is Sewak a good line coach or no? I have no idea. I feel pretty certain CPJ and our staff know the answer to this question. I'll trust them to make the correct decisions on the matter. I do know one thing, it ain't Sewak's fault that our Abacks and Bbacks are fumbling. Interceptions and QB fumbles in the pocket? Maybe.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It's strange. I seem to remember CPJ saying that the OL play wasn't much better last year, it was really just the skill guys who made them look better. Maybe that was by improving execution, so defenses were hesitant. But unlike other position groups where we can blame underperformance on injuries, only Chris Griffin has been injured on our OL this year. We have Mike Sewak and Coach Ray coaching the OL, and if I remember correctly CPJ says he spends the most of his coaching in practice with the OL. Why does such an experienced and healthy group look so bad? I may have to view it again, but Snoddy's fumbles looked like the result of him getting smacked as soon as the ball touched his hands. The blocking on the whole is poor.

Maybe we just need some fresh faces in there. I would love to hear the perspective from some of the OL, but I doubt if we will ever get that. Maybe Will Bryan's father can elaborate in this thread. If they think that they're just not being well-coached, then we know there are changes to be made. Let's put it this way, I don't think CPJ would bring in a ST coach to help with the OL if he had total faith in Sewak.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Our run blocking was good last year. Our pass blocking was bad last year. This year our run blocking is inconsistent and not good and our pass pro is putrid. I don't know why the pass pro is so bad. Is part of it scheme? Maybe somewhat but I don't recall it being so bad in the Nesbitt and Washington years; maybe I'm not recalling it accurately.

So what gives? I don't know. The results aren't good this year. If Gods gift to line coaching was in charge but got these results fans would want him fired. Is Sewak a good line coach or no? I have no idea. I feel pretty certain CPJ and our staff know the answer to this question. I'll trust them to make the correct decisions on the matter. I do know one thing, it ain't Sewak's fault that our Abacks and Bbacks are fumbling. Interceptions and QB fumbles in the pocket? Maybe.

Why did we need 2 OL coaches if Sewak has coached this system that long? I think the answer is obvious.

Getting hit before making the line isn't pressuring the skill players and causing turnovers? Justin having to retreat from the snap isn't on the o-line?