Mike Bobinski and The Search of Doom

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Mystified by this.

Would someone explain to me how a program as cash strapped as we are is going to buy out a contract this big? And we are getting what out of this?

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
It amazes me that a school that prides itself on being so damn smart can be so ****ing stupid when it comes to the management of its athletic department. Over the years we have hired some the biggest fools as either coaches or administrators that has created a seemingly never ending cycle of incompetence with a few outliers of success thrown in just to tease the hell out of the fan base. Bobinski being the latest idiot. Josh ****ing Pastner! Good grief!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We wouldn't be buying Memphis out. They'd let him go for free. In fact, it reads like we're getting Josh Pastner & Cash Considerations...

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
We wouldn't be buying Memphis out. They'd let him go for free. In fact, it reads like we're getting Josh Pastner & Cash Considerations...

When you say "they'd let him go for free" you've said it all. We can add that to the Budweiser song. This is so unbelievably pathetic. I suppose all we have left is a sliver of hope that either this is a really bad joke or it falls apart however if Memphis let's him walk for free then so much for it falling apart.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So the college basketball world has turned on the lights, and GT basketball is the only girl at the bar after midnight desperately trying to make eye contact with any coach willing to take her home.

Enter Josh Pastner.

Georgia Tech basketball used to be a good looking girl who had people wanting to date her. Now we're left trolling for whoever is willing to take us home.

I don't doubt Pastner is going to pull some nice recruits. Just going to be nerve wracking waiting for the shoe to drop in process. Hopefully Peterson isn't as tone deaf and nixes this one when it comes across his desk.

Man, I don't know what it is about our AD position. Everyone comes into the job with a good resume, and brain freezes once they're in the seat.

Of all the rumors on the internet during the entire search, this is one I hope that's not true. Total cluster...

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
A few years ago Pastner was one of the hottest young coaches around. Maybe a change of scenery for him could be what he needs. I kinda like the idea of him being our next coach.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
A few years ago Pastner was one of the hottest young coaches around. Maybe a change of scenery for him could be what he needs. I kinda like the idea of him being our next coach.
giphy.gif

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm trying to stay positive too! He is young and hopefully learned a thing or two.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I just got back to the crib from the hawks game and read this thread........(I almost shedded a tear)He was very close to the last guy I wanted on my list. But I can't hate the hire till I see him in action for us.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
The icing on the cake will be if not only do we hire Pastner but we give him a fat buyout that will take years to pay off when the next AD decides to fire his ***. Rest assured. MBob the clown wont survive this.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't help but think Memphis would move money our way in this deal. Because we are strapped for a few years it may be beneficial for us. I will say reading some of the stuff from former players scare me, however it's not like we have been good lately anyways.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, trying to find a brightside to this development: Could do what we hoped Cuonzo and Capel would do. Stock the cupboard, clear the out the old contract buyouts, and hopefully moves on. On the other hand, he could make us wistful for CBG again. Or Paul Hewitt.

This is not what I imagined 14 days ago...