Mike Bobinski and The Search of Doom

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
X's and O's?
Jimmy+V+Classic+VEDVx_yyZtEl.jpg
Look at the players on the bench lol

I know I po'd a lot of you guys with what sounded like my defense of, or standing up for MBob over the past week. But I made those comments only because so many were trashing MBob for reasons that, for the most part, only mounted to preconceived opinions, conjecture, assumption, and unsubstantiated rumors from "inside sources." Now that it is apparently all said and done, I am willing to give JP the chance to prove himself and, at least to some extent, let MBob off the hook. I would have to admit, however, that there is much about him that doesn't look all that good to me. Again though, I am willing to give him a chance; what other choice do we have? As far as how this overall process of finding a coach has played out, however, I have several thoughts on the matter.....(1) MBob is not the salesman he thought he was, (2) the Tech job was not as attractive a job as we all thought it was, (3) MBob didn't have his ducks in a row in the manner that he should have, (4) MBob, and Tech, got played by a few possible hires, (5) we got "stuck" with whoever was left in the field, (6) JP will be a great hire and do terrific things for Tech. One or a combination of the above may be true, or it may be something else completely that I haven't thought of. Regardless, it is apparently a done deal now, and I hope that everyone will give him a chance to succeed. If he does, then we should all be happy with the result, no matter how it came to be. If he doesn't, then unfortunately, this will all begin again in 3 or 4 years. I just hope everyone will stick to facts and not preconceived notions and unsubstantiated rumors in either event. And that is my final take on things, something which I am sure will delight many of you.....LOL GO JACKETS !!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I know I po'd a lot of you guys with what sounded like my defense of, or standing up for MBob over the past week,. But I made those comments only because so many were trashing MBob for reasons that, for the most part, only mounted to preconceived opinions, conjecture, assumption, and unsubstantiated rumors from "inside sources." Now that it is apparently all said and done, I am willing to give JP the chance to prove himself and, at least to some extent, let MBob off the hook. I would have to admit, however, that there is much about him that doesn't look all that good to me. Again though, I am willing to give him a chance; what other choice do we have? As far as how this overall process of finding a coach has played out, however, I have several thoughts on the matter.....(1) MBob is not the salesman he thought he was, (2) the Tech job was not as attractive a job as we all thought it was, (3) MBob didn't have his ducks in a row in the manner that he should have, (4) MBob, and Tech, got played by a few possible hires, (5) we got "stuck" with whoever was left in the field, (6) JP will be a great hire and do terrific things for Tech. One or a combination of the above may be true, or it may be something else completely that I haven't thought of. Regardless, it is apparently a done deal now, and I hope that everyone will give him a chance to succeed. If he does, then we should all be happy with the result, no matter how it came to be. If he doesn't, then unfortunately, this will all begin again in 3 or 4 years. I just hope everyone will stick to facts and not preconceived notions and unsubstantiated rumors in either event. And that is my final take on things, something which I am sure will delight many of you.....LOL GO JACKETS !!!

Fwiw, you attacked others based on your preconceived notions.

Fwiw, you attacked others based on your preconceived notions.
I'm not aware that I "attacked" anyone, other than to remind them that they didn't know anymore than anyone else. The way that things played out sure seemed to me to verify what I said. And I didn't have any preconceived notions; I just believe in drawing conclusions from facts and not conjecture.
Actually, I was the one who was attacked and called names because of what I posted.

THWG72

Georgia Tech Fan
We need to give the guy a chance
We don't know what went on at Memphis. For all we know, some of the players could have been the problem. Maybe Memphis underachieved the last 2 seasons because the team laid down on him. I mean....who knows.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
When i first heard i didnt like it, but after going over it and reading/thinking about some things I think its going to work out.

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
Lobo fan back again . The lobo lair insider is also saying is pastner but working out pay differnces
. How does the fan base feel about him?

CffaRdBWcAABwAp.jpg

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
If he hires good Assistant Coaches, then this might end up being a really good hire for us as he's a tremendous recruiter. Getting some Bench guys to help with the X's and O's could end up being a solid solution for us.

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
Doesn't really matter at this point does it? Time to move on.
well it does matter in the case of are the fans going to show up and support this? Memphis couldn't be happier hes gone the only reason he wasn't fired is his monster buyout of 10.6 so they couldnt do it. either way i wish your team the best and hope hes successful. Im sure my team will be in the same boat next year after we fire Craig neal