Miami

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitt is 3-0 in their ACC weekend series at home this year. Went 2-0 against Clemson and 2-1 against Louisville & Virginia.

Home field advantage on a substandard surface that they know how to play better than others. I'm too lazy too to look up the past 5 series @Pitt. Has not been good.

I was getting ready to call fredstradomis.

@Fredsradomis called for a sweep. Need a little accountability here; but he did introduce the series which we won against a top 10 team.

Bottom line the pitching this weekend was so encouraging (relatively speaking). We have to now go on road to face a crappy (Monte Lee led) Clemson team & Pitt (mediocre ACC team). Would be nice if one of those were at home but 5-1 is not crazy over those 6 games. [Of course neither is 2-4 🤗🤗 ]

Relative to giving up an average of 28 runs a series over the last four series, this last weekend was really good against a good offense.

I'd be very happy winning both series and going 4-2. That would put us 2 over 500 in the ACC and a most likely two seed in the NCAAs. Getting a host would require something like winning the ACC tourney or going 5-1.

May is the money month for NCAA seeding.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Home field advantage on a substandard surface that they know how to play better than others. I'm too lazy too to look up the past 5 series @Pitt. Has not been good.

@Fredsradomis called for a sweep. Need a little accountability here; but he did introduce the series which we won against a top 10 team.

Relative to giving up an average of 28 runs a series over the last four series, this last weekend was really good against a good offense.

I'd be very happy winning both series and going 4-2. That would put us 2 over 500 in the ACC and a most likely two seed in the NCAAs. Getting a host would require something like winning the ACC tourney or going 5-1.

May is the money month for NCAA seeding.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

#overusedgif

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Due factor. I like the way this is playing out.

...plus I think the average temp in those 8 games was probably 30 degrees. Playing them there in mid-May is ideal.
Due factor. I like the way this is playing out.

...plus I think the average temp in those 8 games was probably 30 degrees. Playing them there in mid-May is ideal.
Most years, yes, the temperature has been in the high 20's to low 40's. In 2018, however, it was in the 70's. We still lost 2/3. Not too lazy to look it up today. 7-3 win on Friday. Tied up a 3-1 game in the 8th, and had a McCann grand slam to put us on top in the 9th. Took a 4-3 loss in 14 innings on Saturday and a 6-5 loss on Sunday. Can't win up there regardless of temperature.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Most years, yes, the temperature has been in the high 20's to low 40's. In 2018, however, it was in the 70's. We still lost 2/3. Not too lazy to look it up today. 7-3 win on Friday. Tied up a 3-1 game in the 8th, and had a McCann grand slam to put us on top in the 9th. Took a 4-3 loss in 14 innings on Saturday and a 6-5 loss on Sunday. Can't win up there regardless of temperature.
Classic trap game. ****ty place to play, ****ty program, ****ty fans, ****ty city. It's real easy to get up for such games, but this year we gotta do it. Anyone know why the heck we scheduled 2 BS games in between Clemp & Schitt? Seems like a good way to run down your pen heading into what may be a series we really need to win.