Miami

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Reading the D1Baseball Weekend Preview, and the #5 place for the Top 5 places to be this weekend was Russ Chandler Stadium! Their take for the key matchup (I copied and pasted, so mis-spellings are theirs...)

Key Matchup: The Tech pitchers vs. themeslves.

In their last four games, the Yellow Jackets have given up 46 runs on 56 hits and have handed out 25 walks. This is not a good sign for Tech. They are better than their numbers show, it’s just that they have hit a huge rut in their season and must turn it around here.

Good start for a turnaround. Let's see if Marquis can follow it up!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Reading the D1Baseball Weekend Preview, and the #5 place for the Top 5 places to be this weekend was Russ Chandler Stadium! Their take for the key matchup (I copied and pasted, so mis-spellings are theirs...)

Key Matchup: The Tech pitchers vs. themeslves.

In their last four games, the Yellow Jackets have given up 46 runs on 56 hits and have handed out 25 walks. This is not a good sign for Tech. They are better than their numbers show, it’s just that they have hit a huge rut in their season and must turn it around here.

Good start for a turnaround. Let's see if Marquis can follow it up!
Love the key matchup... lol

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FYI, we see who our friends are:
1651321882618.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, we had a great pitching game. We all want more of that, but are conditioned to know what usually happens next. This cycling article made me think of being a GT fan, (a little more complex than my overused Charlie Brown metaphor): “It is not shameful to be deceived in a great hope. The mere fact that such a hope could exist is worth so much that it is not too deeply paid for by disappointment, no matter how hard it is.”

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
It also seems like we have figured out the main guys in the pen which is huge for the rest of the year. Crawford, Brown, and Maxwell have been really good lately.
Looks like it, but am I the only one that prays every time Crawford takes the mound fearing that another home run is about to be hit? Which I hate because his story is such a great one. Can't be too many aerospace engineers that walk on and pitch meaningful innings in college baseball.