Miami

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Looks like it, but am I the only one that prays every time Crawford takes the mound fearing that another home run is about to be hit? Which I hate because his story is such a great one. Can't be too many aerospace engineers that walk on and pitch meaningful innings in college baseball.
Probably not many players that walk on to the team and make it, but I do recall a chemical engineer that did it many years ago. He made a nice career for himself.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Probably not many players that walk on to the team and make it, but I do recall a chemical engineer that did it many years ago. He made a nice career for himself.

Glad he stopped thinking so much in the majors .......
1651406907700.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Every time I watch Dawson Brown pitch, it’s like a mirror image of his dad.
The windup, the grip, the delivery, the sink on his ball.

Yeah they didn't mention Dawson who did good too:
1651409587998.png

Maxwell 4 outs on 11 pitches was the headline. Grissom struggled again (79 pitches in 2.2) but the D could have helped him a lot more. The first batter hit a hard one to Chandler who bobbled it and missed the put out by a step. Not scored an error, but need to make those plays to take pressure off the pitcher. Of course Chandler played good otherwise, guess we'll have to keep the stadium named after him.
1651409770855.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This caught my eye:

“ … Tech’s 15 wins over Top 50 teams ranks second nationally behind No. 1 Tennessee.”
Our losses to Top 50 teams is probably near the top also because our schedule strength is so high.

We’ve all said it all year…all decade…forever. GT baseball will go as far as our pitching takes us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our losses to Top 50 teams is probably near the top also because our schedule strength is so high.

We’ve all said it all year…all decade…forever. GT baseball will go as far as our pitching takes us.

...... and D to help the pitching out. But really, there isn't a team we can't beat if our pitching ERA <4 and unearned <1.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bright side is we won the series against a top 10 team despite being outscored by 7 in three games. "Only" gave up 19 runs in three games. Finley came back and will have some time to sharpen up.

We are back to 500 in ACC play and looking good to make the NCAA tourney. Beyond that is anyone's guess.

Dark side is .......... 2-13 reflects a lot of fundamental weaknesses ........... {deleted}.

Flush and have a good day :)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It got away from us today, but I am very encouraged by the pitching this weekend. Finley looked good even though he gave up 3 runs. I like the way that he pounded the zone and attacked the hitters. It usually takes the most time to get command back from surgery and he threw 13 of 18 for strikes. As Nuke said, he'll have time to sharpen before the postseason.

Crawford was excellent again today, and it looks like we have the main guys figured out now in the pen with there being 3 guys that I trust now. We just need one more of the veterans to step up and be consistent and I believe we can do some damage in the tournament.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It got away from us today, but I am very encouraged by the pitching this weekend. Finley looked good even though he gave up 3 runs. I like the way that he pounded the zone and attacked the hitters. It usually takes the most time to get command back from surgery and he threw 13 of 18 for strikes. As Nuke said, he'll have time to sharpen before the postseason.

Crawford was excellent again today, and it looks like we have the main guys figured out now in the pen with there being 3 guys that I trust now. We just need one more of the veterans to step up and be consistent and I believe we can do some damage in the tournament.
Just to pile on... & minor point; but the big crooked number in 9th is not bothersome to me. In that situation (esp Finley's situation)... you want strikes thrown. Period. Miami happened to hit them well.

Bottom line the pitching this weekend was so encouraging (relatively speaking). We have to now go on road to face a crappy (Monte Lee led) Clemson team & Pitt (mediocre ACC team). Would be nice if one of those were at home but 5-1 is not crazy over those 6 games. [Of course neither is 2-4 🤗🤗 ]

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Just to pile on... & minor point; but the big crooked number in 9th is not bothersome to me. In that situation (esp Finley's situation)... you want strikes thrown. Period. Miami happened to hit them well.

Bottom line the pitching this weekend was so encouraging (relatively speaking). We have to now go on road to face a crappy (Monte Lee led) Clemson team & Pitt (mediocre ACC team). Would be nice if one of those were at home but 5-1 is not crazy over those 6 games. [Of course neither is 2-4 🤗🤗 ]
Not sure we have ever won a series at Pitt. I plan on being there again...

You can look it up if you like, but I'm too lazy at the moment...