• Miami by 7-13

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Miami by 14+

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Against the most comparable teams we've played in DFEI Tech has scored ~24 points. Miami has scored ~38 on comparable defenses. Tech has given up ~28 to comparable OFEI offenses, Miami has given up ~27.

Rev. Mark has never lost at BDS. CPJ is 1-8 against Miami. So, UM35-GT24 seems about right.

I'll be there and loud in all white. Prove me wrong Jackets.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
We start our last drive down by 5. After driving to their 5, we end up with 4 & goal. TO, after almost being dragged down, shuffle passes to Qua, who trips as the ball is in the air. The ball somehow glances off the helmet of a diving Miami player and lands right in the gut of Qua in the endzone as time runs out. We go for 2 just to rub it in. We make it, spike the ball, and proclaim "The Institute is Back!!"

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
what we got here is a failure of communicate.......how can someone not pick Jackets on a Fan board.....I don't like it anymore than you men.... Jackets 38 um 24 always believe we can win some mountains are harder to climb but that's why we play the game..... JACKETS ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!! Go vatech and tigers

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Against the most comparable teams we've played in DFEI Tech has scored ~24 points. Miami has scored ~38 on comparable defenses. Tech has given up ~28 to comparable OFEI offenses, Miami has given up ~27.

Rev. Mark has never lost at BDS. CPJ is 1-8 against Miami. So, UM35-GT24 seems about right.

I'll be there and loud in all white. Prove me wrong Jackets.
History means nothing, we are rolling, they are reeling. GT.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
20-17....Good Guys

I think points will be hard to come by, probably for both teams, but we seem to be getting better and they are on a 3 game losing streak.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the game is close at the half and chat is filled with anger and depression. Tech comes out and goes on a 8 minute drive in the 3rd to go up. Miami offense feels pressured and trys to force plays causing a turnover which Tech takes advantage of completely deflating Miami for the rest of the game. 14-14 at the half, 35-17 end score.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Hmmm. Miami is kinda discouraged, Tech is doing pretty well recently, and it's a clear and very chilly night home game for the good guys. (Yeah, I know, real deep analysis there.) But Miami certainly has some talent, and DC Manny Diaz has seen plenty of Tech's offense over the years, albeit typically with a bunch of 4- and 5-stars on his defense.

I'm biased, so: Tech 31, Miami 20. Not the blowout we would love to see, but -- 20 points would be an offensive explosion by the Canes (particularly if RB Travis Homer, who beat up Tech for 170 yards last year, isn't operating at 100%), Richt's offense has little identity of its own, Tech scores one less TD than we did on the road against NC despite surviving three fumbles, and Tech's punt game is incredibly better than Miami's punt game, so when Tech has to punt, Tech can make that mediocre Cane offense have to go a long way to score.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Miami’s defense is geared to stop the midline that is the one thing TO does. Let’s not assume that TO has to lead us to victory, TQM May be the guy.

Overall, Miami still has an elite defense. We have not yet proven we can score against elite defenses.

Got to pick the ‘Canes, 24-16.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Poll included.

The best thing Miami has going for it is a set of very good linebackers. They also have serviceable and talented running backs and receivers that unfortunately for them are coupled with erratic quarterbacks and a mediocre at best offensive line. The defense may be the best we play outside of Clemson and UGA. I see a low scoring Miami win by a field goal. Could just as easily go the other way. Like UNC last week, this is a team on less than sure footing and it will either find itself this week and stumble towards some forgettable bowl or they will lose this week and the whole shebang goes down the tubes taking the Reverend with it. Interesting times to say the least.