Miami Postgame

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I have not read the entire group of threads where "The people say get new coach. " . Could u give me their names?

What I have heard is some out of frustration gripping about the defense.

I suggest we remember how bad we looked in first 4 games in 14. We still could be very good this year but we have the toughest schedule in football.

Who are those people calling for coach to be fired?

Read through the entire thread there are plenty of posters who are tired of Johnson and the TO.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Couple thoughts:

1. Pass protection looked like it reverted back to 2015 levels. If our special teams are going to be this bad, one would have to think that not having a ST coordinator is one of the main causes. Why don't we have a special teams coordinator? To add a second OL coach after the '15 season. Those two guys gotta figure it out, especially considering our ST woes.

2. The rain killed us in the second half. The offense was not good, but two second half drives ended because of the field conditions. Qua fell on his would-be 1st down catch. And Braun fell on the QB run play where was only one guy between Marshall and about 35 yards of open field. Braun would have done enough to allow Marshall to get there had he stayed on his feet.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Couple thoughts:

1. Pass protection looked like it reverted back to 2015 levels. If our special teams are going to be this bad, one would have to think that not having a ST coordinator is one of the main causes. Why don't we have a special teams coordinator? To add a second OL coach after the '15 season. Those two guys gotta figure it out, especially considering our ST woes.

2. The rain killed us in the second half. The offense was not good, but two second half drives ended because of the field conditions. Qua fell on his would-be 1st down catch. And Braun fell on the QB run play where was only one guy between Marshall and about 35 yards of open field. Braun would have done enough to allow Marshall to get there had he stayed on his feet.
And Brad makes that catch the game is over

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Actually would not have thrown the ball but that's hindsight. Run it on 3rd and 8 either kill the clock 40 more seconds or make them burn a timeout.
Yea. Play calling on both sides was suspect today. There seems to be a mental block when PJ faces MR minus 2008 and 2014 and those were similar to what happened against us today.

Couple thoughts:

That slip and fall by Braun was a KILLER

Eli

Helluva Engineer
AJ Gray isn't a safety. If he were to get drafted it wouldn't be to play safety. He would make a good linebacker. He's too slow and cost us not getting over for help on the 4th and 10

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe as a NFL prospect, I'm not great at draft analysis, but AJ is not only our best safety right now but imo the 3rd best safety we've had after Morgan Burnett and Jamal Golden in PJ's tenure.

That's what I thought when I watched it, but this is what Johnson said: “We make a high throw and we can’t catch it and they catch it off two deflections. That was the game. We had the ball and couldn’t hold onto it and on fourth-and-10, their kid makes a hell of a play. You’ve got to give him credit. He made a play. I thought A.J. Gray was going to knock it down. I’m not sure if he tipped it or if it hit Lamont (Simmons’) head, but I know it hit one of our guys and then it bounced again, and then the kid caught it.” At any rate, I don't think AJ, whether he tipped it or Lamont tipped it, showed any lack of skills. The receiver was double-covered. The bounce and catch was a fluke, and we came out on the short end.

northgajacket

Banned
Give Miami credit, they had heart and showed last week wasn't a fluke. I think the defensive calls could have been better on the last drive, but at the end Miami fought for the win, not happy about it, but it is what it is.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
In my opinion are biggest problem is that we can’t finish a game as shown in the Tennessee game and today’s game against Miami. We don’t play all 4 quarters and you have to play the whole game. That falls back on the players but that’s also a major problem with coaching. Roofs soft defense makes our problems so much worse and CPJ is to blame as well. We lead an entire game and then we let up. And on that 4th and 10 catch it wasn’t all luck, Simmons had his back turned and didn’t watch the ball at all or he could of intercepted or at least swatted it down. Yea he broke it up but left the ball up the be caught. Can’t leave your back turned like that. I understand a lot of people’s reasoning as to why CPJ and Roof will keep their jobs and not get fired but it’s time for us to move on from both of them and try something new out. I’d like to see us bring someone else in and run the spread and bring a whole new staff in. We have play makers on both sides of the ball. Offensive guys that can run the spread and defensive guys that can be even better. Our defense plays to soft right now because of Roof. I’d like to see us get rid of both and wish CPJ well. Would even like to see him go back to Georgia Southern and he would succeed there and I know they would bring him back with open arms.