Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I have watched that play twice but both times I would have put the ball at two different spots. Why did the receiver go back? He had the first down and then gave it away. I am still not sure that ball was marked correctly but whose complaining? A "mark off win" is new t o me.

I don't know how aware the players on the field are of exactly where the sticks are in the game. Anyway, he didn't move back much before the initial contact. If the refs had noticed the elbow down during the play, they might have spotted forward progress right where he initially caught it just making the first. But the spot they did give and measure was a good one having retreated slightly before contact and forward progress being stopped right at first contact since the elbow went down.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
First of all, nice gutsy win.

I actually tune in to watch our defense. Warts and all, they are mostly a fun bunch to watch.

That #17 kid is special. In a year or two, after adding some DL bods, that secondary is gonna be the best in the nation.

And who was fighting folks calling for Graham to start? What? Noooo, that wasn't me. Noooo, I would never ...

nfl.gif

Lastly, the biggest disappointment of the day is we didn't get the sexy receiver-gloved look from Manni. You switchin it up on us, guurl?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how aware the players on the field are of exactly where the sticks are in the game. Anyway, he didn't move back much before the initial contact. If the refs had noticed the elbow down during the play, they might have spotted forward progress right where he initially caught it just making the first. But the spot they did give and measure was a good one having retreated slightly before contact and forward progress being stopped right at first contact since the elbow went down.

I looked at it again and you are correct. The elbow was down just in front of the sticks and then he was pushed back. We got away with one there but I am not complaining. It appears that the receiver put his hand down to maintain his balance and then he was tackled and the elbow was on the ground for a split second. Hard to sympathize with Da U in any case. Back to your regularly scheduled program on Canes In Sight bashing Manny. After looking at it 4 times, it would appear that they marked it about where his elbow was down which was right on the line, unfortunately for the receiver he needed to be about a half a foot beyond that line for the first. Good call it would seem.

Last edited:

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Good win. Happy for CGC. You could see it on his face on the field after the game. He needed that. As critical as I have been, he took a job that a lot of others wouldn’t have.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
What a great win. I finished off my last bottle of eagle rare to celebrate and it was worth it.

Helluva effort by the boys this week. Now we get a week off to heal and build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
“They are who we have and there is no free agency.......”

Wow.....good luck with the locker room this week Diaz.

I heard him say and my thoughts were "Didn't you recruit and coach half that team??"

Comments like that will bite him in the rear. "Why play for a guy that bashes us" is what his players are saying right now.

And people on this site wonder why CGC is always pumping our players up. If he had been saying crap like this, we would've lost this game.

GreaT day to a Yellow Jacket!

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a question about the penalty called on the play. Did I hear the announcers correctly that the illegal procedure had something to do with two players having the same number and it not being properly reported, or something like that? Exactly what was the penalty for?

After the penalty, The Miami returner put on a bib jersey because they had somebody come out on the punt return with the same number

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Alright, someone either needs to teach coach how to jump or he needs to stop jumping. His jump after the missed FG at the end of the 4th quarter was equally comical. Media & recruiting could be great strengths, but he needs to leave the jumping to others.
He needs to take break from Waffle House too. :)

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk