Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Bammmm. Beating Miami at Miami is big. What I saw different, the offense became the offense they should be. Run the ball and play action pass. In fact for those that were observant, we lined up several times in the broken flex, with an A back and a B back, with the line in 3 point stances with wider splits. Punting was great and the defense was really good. Yes we gave up some runs, but to me after we lost BJ Swilling is when that started to happen. Could we win out in the ACC, yep as I don't see anyone on our schedule as better than the team we played today. Also it is good that we have a bye so we can rest up after this game. And the bye let's me go Elk/Deer hunting and stay out all day on Saturday.

most favorite part of your post!

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the best part was Pnode didn't out-think himself too much. We were having success with the 2 back zone reads and the 1 back under center. While this might not be where CCG wants to be in the future, it helps winning today.

And thank God that Miami doesn't have a below average kicker. CMR during halftime may have told the story that the high tuition at the U prevents them from having walk-on kickers.

The defense wasn't perfect, but came up huge in the 2nd half. They got off the field and gave the ball to the offense. Can't ask for much more than that.

EDITED TO ADD: Nice to go into a bye with a win vs. a loss to FCS.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Every win this year is a great win.
Miami helped us with some mistakes but you could say that about us and any other game.
Ponch and Griffin train, toot toot.
Fake punt throw was money.
Last TD throw was money throw and catch.

also since we won, no sour grapes, but those refs were dog crap.

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
Awesome win! Very proud of our players and coaches!!!

NOW ... I am sure we all agree Havin needs to split snaps with Graham 50/50...... <runs for the door>

GO JACKETS!

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win. We should add a rocket toss off that under center formation we ran dive and trap out of.

D was awesome all day, put points on the board and kept us in it with a second half shutout. They look a lot better when the offense can keep them off the field and doesn’t stick them in **** field position

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You know, we've had some great RB performances, but I'm not sure I've seen one better than Mason's tonight. He averaged 7 a carry without a huge run, and did so while having to make the first guy either miss or break a tackle at or near the LoS.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We just won a game scoring 7 offensive points in regulation

Yes, so we still need to temper expectations, because not only did we only have the 7 by our O in reg, but their kicker really did choke today. I am glad for the win, and it has to feel good to the team and the coaches, and I hope this helps their confidence going forward, but every game will be difficult that we have left.